Minx applications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planky1

Premium Geek
Reaction score
I have done a few searches and my answer still hasn't come up so wondered if you lovely geeks can tell me :)

When applying Minx I always do it as I was trained, i.e. applying with heat, smoothing down with finger or minx hoof, folding excess over, allowing to cool and then filing off excess for that nice neat cut to finish.

However, seeing the new Minx clippers that are available, does this mean we could now apply to toes having not filed them down first, then clip the toe nails with the Minx on to make that perfect application/length?

Does that make sense? I have my friend coming soon and she wants some Minx. She has already told me that her nails are like claws and need cutting desperately (love she has saved that job for me :lol: ) so could I prep the nails but leave the cutting of the nails until after I've done the Minx?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

It's perfectly fine to Clip Minx when applied to Toes, it makes a lovely clean and neat edge.
Many clients clip their toes when the get to long this helps any lifting and prolongs the longevity of the Minx.

If they are really long clip them down to a manageable length then apply the Minx, finishing by clipping to the desired length.
If you don't clip them first you will waste a load of Minx :)

Klassy Klaws advice is the same as how I was taught in Minx training.

Thanks :) I did as you described KK, was so quick and easy! :) Was actually nice working on long nails to get a good application for a change, most clients come to me having cut their nails so short it makes it near on impossible to do! I always cut the minx on the sheet to the length/shape I want (roughly) so I waste as little as possible anyway.

This will be my method from now on, saved so much time!

So as long as you pull the minx taught over the nail, you can clip the minx into shape?

I don't mean just clipping the minx, I'm on about clipping the minx and the nail together (obviously if the client needs a little nail trimming off) if they don't then I would stick to the usual sealing method with the file

So as long as you pull the minx taught over the nail, you can clip the minx into shape?

I don't mean just clipping the minx, I'm on about clipping the minx and the nail together (obviously if the client needs a little nail trimming off) if they don't then I would stick to the usual sealing method with the file

That's what we're talking about, clipping nails after minx application :wink2: :)

What top coat do you use normal nail varnish top coat or something like glaze n go

What top coat do you use normal nail varnish top coat or something like glaze n go
You shouldn't need a top coat on toes.

Yey for this thread :) Can see finishes looking much cleaner now!
Also I don't use a top coat x

I was taught to clip the nails with Minx on, and find I get a good finish. If the nails are too long, the Minx (apart from wastage) can go a bit wrinkly, so I do sometimes trim the nails a little first. My clients now know not to cut their nails before Minx application, but that can sometimes be a little grim for me!!!

I have done a few searches and my answer still hasn't come up so wondered if you lovely geeks can tell me :)

When applying Minx I always do it as I was trained, i.e. applying with heat, smoothing down with finger or minx hoof, folding excess over, allowing to cool and then filing off excess for that nice neat cut to finish.

However, seeing the new Minx clippers that are available, does this mean we could now apply to toes having not filed them down first, then clip the toe nails with the Minx on to make that perfect application/length?

Does that make sense? I have my friend coming soon and she wants some Minx. She has already told me that her nails are like claws and need cutting desperately (love she has saved that job for me :lol: ) so could I prep the nails but leave the cutting of the nails until after I've done the Minx?

I always clip after huni that's how I was trained x x

It's perfectly fine to Clip Minx when applied to Toes, it makes a lovely clean and neat edge.
Many clients clip their toes when the get to long this helps any lifting and prolongs the longevity of the Minx.

If they are really long clip them down to a manageable length then apply the Minx, finishing by clipping to the desired length.
If you don't clip them first you will waste a load of Minx :)

I know this is an old thread but need a bit of advice. I was trained to do it this way too and have always had a good result. Unfortunately I had a client in this week and I know that she has dodgy nails (is a runner and has lost all of them at some point!), but when I went to clip them with the minx on and cooled, it chipped some of the minx off instead of leaving the normal neat edge. Ended up having to file and in some cases just use scissors to trim the rest of (had no free edge on a couple). Do you think it is her nails or the fact my nail clippers have died as I don't think you can sharpen them? Also another quick question, my client loved the finish result in the end and when she gets back from her hols wants to have them all the time, but as she runs do you think a gel top coat(I use Gelish) would help? Never need it for toes, but not sure if they would survive too well in trainers. Also if it would help, do I need to put a base coat on first on top of the minx and then the top coat or just the top coat?

Many thanks

I know this is an old thread but need a bit of advice. I was trained to do it this way too and have always had a good result. Unfortunately I had a client in this week and I know that she has dodgy nails (is a runner and has lost all of them at some point!), but when I went to clip them with the minx on and cooled, it chipped some of the minx off instead of leaving the normal neat edge. Ended up having to file and in some cases just use scissors to trim the rest of (had no free edge on a couple). Do you think it is her nails or the fact my nail clippers have died as I don't think you can sharpen them? Also another quick question, my client loved the finish result in the end and when she gets back from her hols wants to have them all the time, but as she runs do you think a gel top coat(I use Gelish) would help? Never need it for toes, but not sure if they would survive too well in trainers. Also if it would help, do I need to put a base coat on first on top of the minx and then the top coat or just the top coat?

Many thanks

Not sure about the dirt question but I'd say definitely pop a gel top coat on. No need for base xx

Latest posts

Back