Minx issue :0(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerries

Reaction score
Hi all!

Hope you're ok!

Hoping to get a few opinions on my Minx dilemma!

I have a client who has Silver Lightning on her toes at the min. She came to me to have them done as she had them last year by another tech and they lasted 10 weeks. I of course told her that I couldn't guarantee that kind of longevity, especially as she plays netball at a professional level.

Anyway - I did the set about 3 weeks ago, and about four days in she had lifting on the toe next to the little toe on both feet. Now the only thing I could think that caused that was that on that day it was blisteringly hot, and both me and the clients feet were very sweaty. I Scrubfreshed, but thought maybe it had lost its effect by the time I got the end of the foot. So I invited her in and re-did the two toes in question last week. No problem.

She has been in touch today and said her little toe has come off completely, and a couple of others have lifted again. So she wants me to come in and re-do them. She is a kind-of friend, and she has been spreading the word for me, so I'm not so worried about charging her on this occasion as it will only take me a few minutes.

She has asked me whether I can put a gel top coat over the top to help the longevity. I have Glaze N Go and Shellac...has anyone had any success with these? I know that normally GNG needs something rough to cling to, so I'm not holding my breath. I have told her that I'm sure that playing netball 2-3 times a week in hot weather wearing socks and trainers won't be helping! She accepts this but wants me to try anything I can to get her a few more weeks wear.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

C x

i personally use blixz but have tried minx trendys and rebel nail wraps i always remove all cuiticle and any persparation or sebatious matter from the nail plate and lightly remove the shine with a 240 grit sanding block dehydrate the nail plate try and cap the free edge with the blixz by pulling it down over the free edge using the blixz tool to iron out any creases my friend caps the edge with a brush on resin havnt tried this myself though

I don't think you have a dilemma .. I think you have a client who has unrealistic expectations of a product that really should only have a lifespan of 4 weeks (even if some can go longer) and who is putting the product under unnecessary pressure and expecting it to last. I would say she is expecting the impossible under these circumstances.

You can try various things to help her to stop the wear and tear she is doing but it should be an add-on service and charged for .. friend or not.

Why not just use a great Top Coat like 'Super Shiney' .. why bother with a gel which then has to be soaked off? All you are wanting to do is to add a coat of something that will take the brunt of the pressure instead of the Minx. Why wouldn't a couple of coats of Super Shiney do that for you? I'd sure try it first, before a gel.

In order to make sure that ive done everything possible, I always make sure I have washed the cuticle remover away completely, sometimes doing it twice to check. Also, after the scrubfresh I use nail fresh to make sure its as dry as possible. This way I know I have done everything to dehydrate the nail and remove the oil so if they still have problems, its likely something they are doing.

Latest posts

Back