Minx on damaged nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

del3

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm thinking of introducing Minx to my salon and I was wondering, if a client had nail plate damage e.g. imperfections in the plate due to enhancements being 'riped off', would this damage show through the Minx or would the Minx 'iron out' the damage?
I hope that made sence :lol:

Thanks

Hi I don't use Minx myself, but from what I have read I am sure any imperfections will show up hun.
Hopefully a more experienced geek will be along shortly to answer you better...:hug:

minx armour does show nail imperfections up...but they still look good...and it depends on the design...any imperfections are probably more noticeable with the metalics than say the patterned designs.
Minx are also a good way to help provide some protection to the damaged nails while they grow out.

Im sure if you explained to your client that it would probably still show up some of the imperfections they have but they will still look nice and they do provide some protection to the natural nail while the damage grows out then they would probably still want them...you can do them a sample nail as well so they can see for themselves what they will look like.

Minx can also go on enhancements as well as the natural nail so you could always give them a thin nno first and then put the minx on.

hth x

minx armour does show nail imperfections up...but they still look good...and it depends on the design...any imperfections are probably more noticeable with the metalics than say the patterned designs.
Minx are also a good way to help provide some protection to the damaged nails while they grow out.

Im sure if you explained to your client that it would probably still show up some of the imperfections they have but they will still look nice and they do provide some protection to the natural nail while the damage grows out then they would probably still want them...you can do them a sample nail as well so they can see for themselves what they will look like.

Minx can also go on enhancements as well as the natural nail so you could always give them a thin nno first and then put the minx on.

hth x

Thanks for that info :hug:
another question.
Is the longevity of minx the same on both natural nail and 'acrylic' nail?
Or does one wear better than the other ?

I find Minx lasts longer on the natural nail than over gel....but haven't tried L&P.

With the free edge of the natural nail being slightly thinner, it is easier to pull the Minx over the FE, and IMO opinion Minx fit better on a slightly flatter nail whereas enhanced nails have a higher apex.

I will do Minx over enhancements, but prefer natural nails. JMHO.

Thank you
:hug::hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back