Minx on long fingernails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmefan

Reaction score
I don't normally offer Minx on fingers but have a client who is willing to pay for Minx plus a clear l&p overlay to ensure they last. Problem being she has very long curved nails - full length extreme c curve tips. Has anyone got any tips for a smooth application? Also, neat ways of joining/overlaying to avoid unsightly joins as the Minx aren't long enough to fully reach the end of her nails.

Hi. I don't have any advice, but just wondered why you don't normally do Minx on fingers. I have had 4 sets on mine that have all lasted over two weeks and have caused so many great comments. Is there a reason for not doing fingers?

Hi. I don't have any advice, but just wondered why you don't normally do Minx on fingers. I have had 4 sets on mine that have all lasted over two weeks and have caused so many great comments. Is there a reason for not doing fingers?
Generally because minx don't last that well on fingers unless layered under a coat of Lumos or Shellac. But if it works for you, well done.

Femmefan - I would think the most important thing would be the pattern she chooses. Some patterns will be really hard to make a join in and so would look awful. Maybe see what it looks like with a join by holding up two pieces of minx still on the sheet together?

I have very long (about 1cm free edge) NNO nails with a very high natural C curve. I can put Minx or Blixz on my clients' finger and toes with no problem. However the shape and length of my own make it just impossible. I have tried for hours and I just can't get if crease free! My pinkies are the most difficult - they are almost like claws if you look at the side on!

I don't think the length is the problem, its the curve, as I have clients that have longer nails than mine that I had no problem with.

I also do not offer Minx/Blixz anymore for fingers - it just doesn't last long enough. I personally don't think Lumos makes it last any longer. I don't want to offer it under a gel polish because I don't see how I can justify charging a premium to use each product separately, but then using them together at no extra cost iykwim. I do loads of Minx/Blixz toes though where it is fab, long lasting and good value for the client and my business.

I suggest you have bit of a practice on a few extreme curve tips, but it might not be easy! Sorry, I have been very little help!

The best way I have found to deal with this is to make small little snips along the side edges ( before take off the backing!) and when applying to apply from cuticle along the light line to the free edge and smooth one side then the other from centre to side wall this allows the snipped bits to over lap rather than pucker, hope this makes sense.

As for extra long do the same with side walls and choose a design that you can join easily or a more wastefull method but how about cutting the ajoining Minx at an angle 45° then it looks better than a straight across join line
xxx

my first thought was to just file her nails shorter! haha lol that would be the easiest option instead of trying to join them! Eeeek this might not look to good especially on finger nails!

to help with the application, i would heat the minx for a little longer so there really floppy and then work under your lamp the the heat is still there! i find the hotter they are the easier it is to apply them :) it seams to make the thinner and more pliable :)

but i would try and encourage her to have a bit of length of them as if you join them they also may not last as long as they may lift from the join x

Latest posts

Back