Minx over gels help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loza789

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post and I really hoping you will be lovely and offer me some much needed advice.

I've got the full minx kit and I've been doing fingers and toes great. Thing is some customers have asked for minx to be applied over gels which I've done but it doesn't stay on for more than a couple of days. It peels off leaving the extensions perfect like they've not had the minx on. Any ideas?

Thanks
Loraine x

Hello,

This is my first post and I really hoping you will be lovely and offer me some much needed advice.

I've got the full minx kit and I've been doing fingers and toes great. Thing is some customers have asked for minx to be applied over gels which I've done but it doesn't stay on for more than a couple of days. It peels off leaving the extensions perfect like they've not had the minx on. Any ideas?

Thanks
Loraine x
Loraine, do you buff the shine off first? You need to do that. Once you have done that, I don't see why there should be any problem.

People say that a coat of Shellac top coat or LUMOS bottom and top coat help the Minx to last longer over any enhancement product.

Thanks,

I did buff but perhaps not enough. I didn't want to ruin the gel. Should I apply it straight on after finishing wipe, or leave the gel tacky?

Thanks,

I did buff but perhaps not enough. I didn't want to ruin the gel. Should I apply it straight on after finishing wipe, or leave the gel tacky?

No .. you wouldn't leave it tacky!

Just buff with a 240 buffer and clean and then apply.

Just been and done my clients minx again. I buffed a bit more and then applied the minx. Most went ok though I had that just wouldn't stick!

I used some nail glue, and even gelled over the top and it still wouldn't go. As it was getting late I agreed that we'd leave it tonight and I go back tomorrow and see about reapplying a new one on that nail.

Any ideas anyone?

Loza, you need to ensure your enhancnents are thin at free edge, and that they are applied correctly ie heated not touched and applied from eponychium then smoothed and pressed ,, key to perfect minx is perfect fitting and application, don't mess with then guys.

Either on natural or enhanced they should look and feel and last well ,, no glue ever ever shud be used ,,, practise practise , perfect practise makes perfect work makes good money!!!!

Hi,

I've taken your advice and my last set of minx on gels worked really well.

Things is i've not go a client who has chosen pink tulips to go over white tipped gels. does this mean i can't buff them? how would like work?

Sorry for being a bit daft :confused:

Latest posts

Back