Minx Pink Cheetah help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loulabelle

Reaction score
Can anyone shed any light please ?

Had a client come into the salon today for her minx removal. She was wearing pink cheetah & had only had them on for 2 weeks but the state of them was shocking! There was only 3 on each foot left! She'd been on holiday but said she hadn't done anything unusual whilst away & said she'd even lost one on the flight out!

I was mortified to say the least. This has never happened to me before & all my clients have been able to get 5-6 weeks out of their minx (longer if I'd let them!) I apologised & she's coming back next week for a complimentary pedi.

This was the first time I'd used the Pink Cheetah, I've only ever done the metallics (both plain & patterned) before & never had any probs with them.

I'm quite happy to accept that this may be my fault but I applied them in the same way as always & I'm scrupulous about my cuticle prep. I just wondered if anyone else had had trouble with this kind of design before? It did seem thicker than the metallics. Am I imagining it?!

Sorry to ramble for so long :) xx

Hmm sounds abit fishy to me. You can't just 'loose' one, Well not that I've ever experienced. I Minx ALOT and never had this, infact pink cheetah is my most popular and I've never had a problem. You sound like you know what your doing so my bet is that she did do something on holiday or picked, thats just my view though :):) xx

Did she wear Ugg boots? I read on here that they can make them come off as they are so hot apparently!

Hmm sounds abit fishy to me. You can't just 'loose' one, Well not that I've ever experienced. I Minx ALOT and never had this, infact pink cheetah is my most popular and I've never had a problem. You sound like you know what your doing so my bet is that she did do something on holiday or picked, thats just my view though :):) xx

i was gonna say the same thing!...i normally get 8 weeks out of mine!! shes a picker!...unfortunately they r out there.:irked:..but its their own money they r wasting by doing this!

Thanks guys for your comments, that's made me feel better :)

Don't know if she wears uggs, will ask her when she comes in next week. On one big toe the top clear film had come off so all the colour had then rubbed off! Not something that's ever happened to me unless I pick at them!

If you know your prep and application is good and nobody else has had a problem then this client is nothing to do with you its all her own doing. She has had her minx on for her holiday and comes home and fancies a change without paying for another design. Picks some off then complains to try get a freebie out of it!
Iv had my current minx on since february, the new pink chrome design. And not one single one looks like its about to come off, not even my pinkie toes. I just dont have time to redo them so left them on! They dont just "come off". The only time I get problems with them is the pinkie toes if they are so small. So I advise clients of this incase it happens to them. x

That same thing happened when I got my first ever set if minx done before we started doing them in my salon. The clear plastic came off and the actual colour of the minx were so scratched I took them off on the last day of my holiday. I came to the conclusion that it was the extreme heat that did it. I was in Egypt and I could barely walk on the sand it was so hot so I reckoned if u use heat to apply and remove then the heat on holiday must have had something to do with it. I know this isn't much help after the fact but it may provide an insight into the problem

i asked this question when i did my training with liza and she said heat on hol is fine , as it is heat that removes it they will come off or ruck up if for example shes been sitting on the beach wriggeling her toes in the sand whilst sitting in 40 degree sun!! same as we tell our clients to not put their shoes on for 5 mins after application .Their fine all the while their cool but when they get hot it can be a different story hope this makes sense?!?!?!?

mmm certainly seems a bit suspect to me. As we know Minx doesn't just fall off, it is quite possible that a bit of picking has been going on whilst she has been admiring them! However one thing I would like to add is that whilst we all know how long Minx can last, I always tell my clients that Minx say they will last up to 2 weeks on toes, they can last longer but they are not indestructible, this way they are usually very pleased with the length of time they get out of them:).

I agree with all of the above, its just one of those things she has probably picked at them in the heat or something. In regards to if the patterned minx is thicker than the metallic, i find that yeah it does have a different and more "plasticy" feel to it but it does not make any difference to the ware and tare. Infact the only person who have ever had issues with any wear and tear on her minx toes, is a lady who cares for the elderly and spends alot of time nelt down on a carpet, and her big toes rub off a bit, and she has metallics so its nothing to do with the design.:hug:

Just a though....also if she has wirn the Ballerina style pumps with bare feet, the plastic on plastic rubbing could cause heat and runching couldnt it?

Thanks everyone for all your replies.

Been thinking back to the original appointment & I remember that she wasn't sure about the design once I had finished all 10! She was worried she'd picked the wrong minx! Am now wondering if they 'had a little help' coming off!

Oh well, it's a learning curve. I'm not sure I'll fall for that one again! Xx

On one big toe the top clear film had come off so all the colour had then rubbed off! Not something that's ever happened to me unless I pick at them!

I've actually experienced this a few times myself! When I've been riding my horse and wearing a particular set of riding shoes.. Other than this I'm quite sure my Minx would have lasted until it grew completely out! I keep my toe nails the length that they should be by filing (both the nails and the Minx) but after many weeks the Minx is half way down the nail bed and so I remove it. Not because it wouldn't have lasted longer but because I really don't find it much flattering having them half way down the nail bed :lol:

Latest posts

Back