Minx question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annebet

Reaction score
Hiya I have searched the forum but can't find the answer I just wanted to know can you use minx over enhancements ? or is it a pain? as you would have to remove the minx on infill's ect, how long before you have to change them is it just during an infill ? and do you still use a gel top coat over the minx ?
Thanx :)

Hey Hun i minxed over my nail enhancements and i managed to go three weeks before i needed to do my infill and by then the minx were ready to come off. x

Hiya, I found minxing over an enhancement so much easier than on the natural nail.
I think you just need to change them as and when they are showing signs of being ready to come off which is usually 2 weeks the same as an infill.
I don't put anything over the minx as it has such a good finish of its own.
HTHs

Xxxx
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi thanx for replying think I will have a look and maybe buy the kit. :)

Hi one more ? will I need an infra red lamp ? or will my IBD lamp be ok to use ? I have the big two hand one with heat and UV feature, I have noticed a lot of people are using hair dryers for the minx so do you think the heat from my IBD lamp will be strong enough for the minx ? Thanx for any help :)

Just for information -
On Sunday at Fingertips Edinburgh, I watched GiGi put Minx on a very long black stilletto nail.
Only trouble was......the Minx strip wasn't long enough. :eek: So she cut a small piece from another strip, attached it to the very tip of the stilletto and then proceeded with Minx as normal. Clever girl !!!
It worked well and you couldn't really see the join. (it was a very floral Minx design)
The owner of the stilletto nails was a young guy who later competed in a nail comp at Scottish Beauty. Hope he did well !

Hi one more ? will I need an infra red lamp ? or will my IBD lamp be ok to use ? I have the big two hand one with heat and UV feature, I have noticed a lot of people are using hair dryers for the minx so do you think the heat from my IBD lamp will be strong enough for the minx ? Thanx for any help :)
Hiya did u get a response to this as i have the same question :) xx

Minx requires an infrrared heat lamp I do not think the lamp you describe would get hot enough.

Latest posts

Back