Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choochy Face

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just wondered you fab peeps:) out there that do minx, do you use there own Minx lamp? if not what else could you use:confused: as pennys bit tight as they seem to be a bit expensive xx

Hi there I asked the same question as I'm mobile and the lamps are huge! Type into google medisana infrared lamp. I think the company I used was lifestyle pharmacy (off the top of my head not positive) I was 27 quid including delivery and received the next day. Lots of luck Xx

Hi there I asked the same question as I'm mobile and the lamps are huge! Type into google medisana infrared lamp. I think the company I used was lifestyle pharmacy (off the top of my head not positive) I was 27 quid including delivery and received the next day. Lots of luck Xx
:):) Aaaaah thank you so much, you get on ok with the minx then? sos it a different Question hehehe xx:)

Minx is fab bit fiddly but so gorg when finished! Well worth the trainng! Just got cnd lamp and shellac today, can't even get the bulbs in so frustrated! Xx

:):) Aaaaah thank you so much, you get on ok with the minx then? sos it a different Question hehehe xx:)
hi i have been doinf minx for about 8 months now and i use a small travel hair dryer its perfect xgood luch

Hi guys
Just wondered you fab peeps:) out there that do minx, do you use there own Minx lamp? if not what else could you use:confused: as pennys bit tight as they seem to be a bit expensive xx
just use a small travel hair dryer i do its perfect . been doing minx about 8 months no complaints x

I've got the new black Minx lamp .... looks lovely but is very expensive.
Is supposed to be good for mobile techs too .. it is big but it folds really well so not nearly as huge as the white one ..
Wouldn't use anything else !! BUT ... I am in a salon all the time so it can stay put !! hth x:)x

I use a hairdryer. I trained with minx & they said either use a heatlamp or hairdryer. Does exact same. Plus hairdryer is cheaper lol x

do you not think that using a hair dryer looks a little bit unprofessional?
i have got the new black minx lamp and i am a mobile therapist. I have only done a few sets so its still taking me quite a long time but love the minx!
personally i would rather spend a bit more on something that looks professional and of a high standard, i know if it was me i would be a bit like hmmmmm maybe i can do this myself if all you need is a hairdryer as a customer......

just something to consider.......

can you please tell me where to get the training on minx nails. i live in the Rochdale area

Minx is fab bit fiddly but so gorg when finished! Well worth the trainng! Just got cnd lamp and shellac today, can't even get the bulbs in so frustrated! Xx

Hiya, I did my training last week for Shellac, and was advised that the bulbs can be a pain to get in, quite tough...Give them a good push in x Until they 'click' x

HTH X

can you please tell me where to get the training on minx nails. i live in the Rochdale area

Hiya Michelle,
Is Leigh (Mancherster) ok for you....If you got there and purchase the kit, training is free x Or you can get intouch with Sweet squared and they will advise you of any tutors in your area (But you have to pay) X The team at Manchester are lovely x I would reccomend them to anyone! X

HTH XXX

hi!
Just thought id tell you. i ordered the infrared lamp from life pharmacy and and after using it for the first time the lamp head snapped off the base. Wasnt bashed or bang about at all. called life pharmacy and the refused to replace it as i had contacted them outside of their 7 day return policy. have managed to glue it back together an its brilliant for minx but really disapointed with the customer service :irked:

I would save for the real thing. I was using an infra red bodytek lamp from argos which was cheaper as the lamp was out of stock at the time. However it is not a patch on the real thing, its awesome, manuvas well and the dimmer switch is ideal.
I would not been keen on someone using a hairdryer on my toes, not very pro :|

I use a hairdryer. I trained with minx & they said either use a heatlamp or hairdryer. Does exact same. Plus hairdryer is cheaper lol x
Jessica where did you do Minx training. We have never recommended a hair dryer... We have the originals white infra red heat plus e new Minx Heat... A hair dryer is not the professional tool although I understand that some use one.

If you did training at JP college they tell you to use a hair dryer but that is NOT what we would advoate. I just wanted to clarify.:!:

I waited till minx released another lamp before I purchased, yes the black one is nigh and expensive. But it folds in half so fits a bag perfectly. I have all my minx in one bag x and it looks fab when u take it out a clients house. My clients would laugh at me if I pulled out a hairdryer and also never have me back.

In the past 5 years, I always buy the products that are meant to be used with the system your using and it has made such a difference to the quality of my work.

If you want to provide a high end service, you've got put the money in. The old saying you've got to speculate to accumulate x

Latest posts

Back