Minxing, what is it all about?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
...after chatting with a client to day while doing a hydradermie guinot facial as you do:green:,i was admiring her nails,,,classic french white was in proportion...any way my client commented her nail tech did them,and i asked what products she used,"oh CND my tech uses nothing else",and she then proceeded to show me her toes...well i was amazed by the pattern,and she said"oh this is minx":!:...it got me thinking how is this applied and do you need a special lamp...i was too shy to ask her,i usually do,but she was having a lovely facial and by the time i got to the "eclat yeux" massage(thats eye radiance massage:green:) she was sleeping like a baby!

It looked so cool,and i was taken aback,i am not usually an artsy gal i just like block colour,and i have tried nail art foil in the past and did not get on with it,but then again this was a long time ago and was just from the wholesaler...

So now i am intrigued:idea:

type in minx and you will find hours of good reading...its been all over the site the months...:lol:

...after chatting with a client to day while doing a hydradermie guinot facial as you do:green:,i was admiring her nails,,,classic french white was in proportion...any way my client commented her nail tech did them,and i asked what products she used,"oh CND my tech uses nothing else",and she then proceeded to show me her toes...well i was amazed by the pattern,and she said"oh this is minx":!:...it got me thinking how is this applied and do you need a special lamp...i was too shy to ask her,i usually do,but she was having a lovely facial and by the time i got to the "eclat yeux" massage(thats eye radiance massage:green:) she was sleeping like a baby!

It looked so cool,and i was taken aback,i am not usually an artsy gal i just like block colour,and i have tried nail art foil in the past and did not get on with it,but then again this was a long time ago and was just from the wholesaler...

So now i am intrigued:idea:

Gabby ... Just where the heck have you been hiding??? :lol:

Minx are what we call nail veneers in hundreds of different patterns. They are pre cut and warmed under a heat lamp and then peeled off the backing and applied to the nails where they cool and 'shrink wrap' onto the nail surface ... natural or enhanced. They last for weeks and weeks on toes and stay looking great for 3 weeks on fingernails.

You can see how to apply them by watching the video class on www.sweetsquared.com They are also supplied in the UK by Sweet Squared and their associates, so you should feel right at home.

Minx are the bomb.

For some more images click on community above then social groups and Join the Minx Lovers group ... there are some great examples there to see. :hug:

I love the look of Minx already, I need to get some Minx into my life and asap! x

There's a little MINX in all of us!!! :lol:

I love minx, Gabi, you should get some for sure.

One of my client's was at the races the other week and she had silver minx on her toes and, while she was sitting down a man came up and grabbed her foot and asked her what she had on her toes, then proceeded to call all his mates over for a look, they all got chatting and her and her friend's never paid for another drink the rest of the day! :green:

Oh no not more posts to research till the wee small hours of the morning:eek::lol:...so you need an infrared lamp to cure them,i wonder if swwet squared will know....er duh that was a dumb question,DAMN i am off work sunday i wonder what rich would do if i nipped on a plane from from Southampton with flybe to edinburgh,probably divorce me:eek::green:

Oh no not more posts to research till the wee small hours of the morning:eek::lol:...so you need an infrared lamp to cure them,i wonder if swwet squared will know....er duh that was a dumb question,DAMN i am off work sunday i wonder what rich would do if i nipped on a plane from from Southampton with flybe to edinburgh,probably divorce me:eek::green:

It's not so much that you cure them Gabi, you heat them up to adhere them to the nail.

Get a ticket bought and come to Edinburgh with me! :)

I am looking at flybe as we speak:eek:

Hi,
The heat Lamp used in Minx application is actually an infa red lamp.
(Also used in massage to pre heat the skin).

If you own your salon the investment maybe worth it as you can use the lamp for more than one thing.

I would do some research though - as there is obviously someone else doing it in your area you want to find out how much they are charging &
work out what you could charge for the service & how long it will take you to get your investment back.

I can def say for each person I minx I get at least 1 to 2 new clients from people stopping them & asking where they had them done & what they are etc before asking for my number!
If you are going to offer this service make sure you have business cards for the client to take away with them!

Hope that info helps

Carla

hi ya, where do i get this minx? and do u have to do the training? xx

hi ya, where do i get this minx? and do u have to do the training? xx

From Sweet Squared (0845 210 6060) and you don't have to do training but if you don't already have an account with them you will have to provide proof of your training before you can buy from them.

hth's

Latest posts

Back