Mirror effect nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having same problem. I think it's a common one. Watched a video which suggested capping free edge first and then applying to rest of nail as sometimes you don't have enough product left on the brush if you cap at the end. I will give it a bash but I think the pigment is just too delicate for every day wear and tear. Shame

Where do you get your pigment powders from? I would like to give the mirror effect a go xxx

Ive brought mine from the nail company but ive also purchased from nails 21 and it was alot more money but i think worth it as i have had alot more clients have that one.

This is the one from nails 21 and i am now double top coating and so far had no problems

Attachments

• 1470297150727.jpg
    1470297150727.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 135
It should be top coat with sticky layer removed if necessary, I haven't seen anyone do it straight on to colour coat. Thats why it doesn't work, it needs to be top coat. I've done it by mistake on colour coat when I've got over excited and forgotten to topcoat first. It sticks all clumpy, trust me, top coat then chrome powder. I've done loads it works everytime

It should be top coat with sticky layer removed if necessary, I haven't seen anyone do it straight on to colour coat. Thats why it doesn't work, it needs to be top coat. I've done it by mistake on colour coat when I've got over excited and forgotten to topcoat first. It sticks all clumpy, trust me, top coat then chrome powder. I've done loads it works everytime

Hi
I have try the none sticky top coat and put it under lamp for 30 second but the powder doesn't seems to work and I can't get the mirror effect at all

Hi
I have try the none sticky top coat and put it under lamp for 30 second but the powder doesn't seems to work and I can't get the mirror effect at all

Can you detail what top coat you are using, what lamp, how long curing, what powder, what applicator, etc. If you watch the videos and use the right products it's really easy. If it's not working then you're using a wrong 'element' somewhere

Can you detail what top coat you are using, what lamp, how long curing, what powder, what applicator, etc. If you watch the videos and use the right products it's really easy. If it's not working then you're using a wrong 'element' somewhere
Can you please link the videos I watch lots on you tube from USA
If you know a good one please let me know.
I will post what I use shorty
Thank you

Can you please link the videos I watch lots on you tube from USA
If you know a good one please let me know.
I will post what I use shorty
Thank you

Sarah R does a great one:-

NonaPhillipa does one:-

Wildflowers:-

Latest posts

Back