Mirrors with Lightbulbs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess*laura

Reaction score
For wall mirrors with lights, try IKEA. I did exactly what you want in terms of the wall mirror with the lights around it; they sell a square mirror for about £10 or £15, then they do a chrome light fitting that takes 5 E27 Edison screw light bulbs in a straight line (so you will need 3 of those for both sides and the top); they also sell some 7W low energy light bulbs that will fit that fitting, so you would need 15 of those (they sell them in packs of 2 so you need 8 packs and will have a spare bulb left over). I think the total for the mirror, light fittings and bulbs was just over £100 so not too bad (especially for all those low energy bulbs - try to avoid standard incandescent bulbs as they will eat electricity for breakfast and fry whoever is in front of the mirror with all the heat they give off).

Then you will need to install them all; I managed to do it myself as I am good with electrics; you will need a cable into the back of each light fitting, and then you will need to wire all that into the lighting circuit via a switch. If for a salon, then you will almost certainly need to get an electrician to do it to satisfy health and safety regulations (which will probably cost more than buying the stuff in the first place). Can send you pic of the end result later if you want; the installation I did was for above a dressing table in the front bedroom in our house.

Hope that helps :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks so much for taking the time to type all of that out, i would love to see a pic.
I didnt even think of making it up myself, thats a great idea.

It would be for a salon yeah, i wouldnt even attempt to try and do that myself haha, i struggle with anything electric anyway :eek:

Cool, that is great; will send you a pic later (or post one in my album on here) - the mirror and lights do look fab though! And don't even think of doing the electrics yourself if you don't know what you are doing lol.

Thankfully the IKEA lights I mentioned are designed for use in bathrooms and have the appropriate electrical safety rating for use in wet areas too (e.g. above a sink)...
Posted via Mobile Device

As promised, here's the pic :)

ruth+mills-albums-front+bedroom+make-up+mirror-picture14792-geeksite.jpg

That looks ace Ruth,
i love the dressing table too

That looks ace Ruth,
i love the dressing table too

Thanks Lou :)

We got the dressing table from Dunelm mill back in 2006, think they were selling it for about £100; I've seen similar looking ones for about 3 times that much now!

Hi
They have those kind of lights ready made up (although liking Ruth's idea better what with the price!) in John Lewis. Think they are about £55 in there. We had some old ones either side of our bathroom mirror when we moved into our house and we used to take the micky out of them but now we have ripped the bathroom out and slowly in the process of redoing it we are realising just how wonderful those kind of lights are and that we can't ever be without them again so we will defo be replacing them.

Latest posts

Back