Mixing colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diane Porter

Reaction score
Hello fellow hairdressers, quite proud as I've only had this app for about 8 nth and didn't have a clue how to use it!! My excuse is im 49 and in the menopause which is very similar to dementia . So after years in gents hairdressing I'm now trying to revamp some of my colour skills. I'm sticking with L'Oréal at the moment as I don't want the confusion of other products. So, I have a client who has been having a 5.35 full head and she'd like to go same tones but slightly darker, I thought that I'd mix a little base shade 4, but I'm not sure if just adding some base 5 would slightly darken too and avoid going too dark. Help! Hope this makes sense

What level base is your client and her % of grey?

If your client is less than 50% grey you can just apply the desired colour without adding any natural base. If she's been having just 5.35 then you can do 4.35 instead. But if she's been having half 5.35 and half 5.0 you can transfer over to level 4. Sometimes adding base can flatten the tone

Thank you girls, sorry for late reply, I was looking for a notification and it was in my emails!! [emoji12]anyway yes I mixed 75% 5.35 with 25% 5 . The client was happy but I wasn't satisfied myself as it did dull down the lustre of the shade. The natural base shade is about a 7 with a lot of honey tones. Thank you very very much hope to speak again x

Latest posts

Back