Mixing peroxide strength?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millie36

Reaction score
I've never heard of this Being done before mixing 9% and 12% together with bleach, so you get the an in between strength?? Is this right or wrong? Hmmm lol

For what reason?

You shouldn't be mixing 12% with bleach anyway let alone playing around with peroxide mixes.

I don't think I've even ever used 9% while I'll been a color tech and made my own decisions.

I've never heard of this Being done before mixing 9% and 12% together with bleach, so you get the an in between strength?? Is this right or wrong? Hmmm lol
Apart from not using that strength with bleach, yes it can be done. 10 and 20 mixed together with bleach is a common one.

It probably invalidates your insurance 'you are liable for any special mixes'

I don't think there's a reason to do it - I personally would feel very uncomfortable playing about with bleach on a client.

You can mix them together different ratios of each give you different strengths if you say ran out a certain one you can make it. Also you can add water to create different stregths

I understand with tint as the peroxides get you a certain result ie one level / 2 levels but there's no reason to do it with bleach.

If I ran out of 10vol I would just use 20vol as not develop it as long.

Would'nt it be same result as diluting peroxide with water? Xx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Would'nt it be same result as diluting peroxide with water? Xx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ish, but you don't get the contaminants which are present in tap water.

I do this sometimes, colour tech said it's totally ok to do! Like if ur client has grey but not too much so u should use 20vol but are depositing so u want to use 10vol so mixing them gives u 15vol! Just for when ur unsure!

I've diluted peroxides in the past, more so when it was liquid peroxide but not now it's cream. I would never mix two together and I would imagine that you still have a peroxide strength of the stronger developer.
It's similar to when you mix vodka with tonic, you're still having a unit!

I've diluted peroxides in the past, more so when it was liquid peroxide but not now it's cream. I would never mix two together and I would imagine that you still have a peroxide strength of the stronger developer.
It's similar to when you mix vodka with tonic, you're still having a unit!

Is that a single or a double vodka?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I sometimes mix peroxide to get the strength I need just as I mix tints to get the shade I want.

I'm mobile and so don't always carry everything with me.
As long as you stick to the same product range then I can't see a problem.

e.g. 50% 40vol + 50% 20vol = 30 vol (9%)

I sometimes mix peroxide to get the strength I need just as I mix tints to get the shade I want.

I'm mobile and so don't always carry everything with me.
As long as you stick to the same product range then I can't see a problem.

e.g. 50% 40vol + 50% 20vol = 30 vol (9%)

This would make more sense. Like if you ran out of one.

But the other posts are about mixing 2 developers next to each other.

Is that a single or a double vodka?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol I always think the singles taste better 😊

Latest posts

Back