Mixing products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neadypp

Reaction score
hi guys im currently trying to organise my nail station so ive bought tubs to premix my glitters i started doing it without thinking. i currently use young nails but im going to be doing a conversion to cnd in the near future so my glitters r mixed with young nails clear powder will i not be able to use cnd liquid for my glitters now? x

You should always stick to the same powders & monomers from same brand as they are designed to work together

All manufacturers recommend that you use the liquids and powders from the same system as they were formulated to be used together and they cannot guarantee the integrity of the product if mixed.

However, I do sometimes mix products and have never had any issues with service breakdown. It is such a waste to throw away product because you are in the middle of a conversion.

I would suggest that if you are wanting to mix products and are concerned about the integrity of it, that maybe you only use the mixed products on yourself.

Ladies, you DON'T MIX DIFFERENT BRANDS OF L&P!

It is impossible for anyone to tell by looking :eek: sometimes even by wearing for a short time. but the products you mix will not give you optimim results and may make your insurance invalid if something goes badly wrong for a client.

You can mix powder with acetone and get a result !! but it is not a good result. You can mix any powder with any liquid and you will get a result !! .. but it will not be a true representation of the brand. Just don't do it. It's stupid.

If you are converting then convert properly. Use up your old brand on those who are happy with it and do all new clients or ones that want to change with the new brand. If you have decided on a change then OWN that change and do things right. It is dishonest to mix products and then to use them on paying clients who are not getting what they are paying for.

i always thought that! and have always stuck to the rule of not to mix brands!

buttt!...

when i was at the manchester beauty show i was at the harmony nails stand and was asking about there L+P as lots of people have been raving about it and the girl did a demo nail from me and i was asking lots of questions and i said i am wanting to try it! so she said why not buy the powder and use ur current liquid and i questioned it as i didnt think u could mix them! and she said ohh yes its fine to do so! hmmm still not to sure about that!

all products from1 company are design and tested to work with each other they dnt test them with other companys products so god knows what could happen!

maybe just get some more young nails liquid and just used that for you glitter clients? saves waisting!

Ladies, you DON'T MIX DIFFERENT BRANDS OF L&P!

It is impossible for anyone to tell by looking :eek: sometimes even by wearing for a short time. but the products you mix will not give you optimim results and may make your insurance invalid if something goes badly wrong for a client.

You can mix powder with acetone and get a result !! but it is not a good result. You can mix any powder with any liquid and you will get a result !! .. but it will not be a true representation of the brand. Just don't do it. It's stupid.

If you are converting then convert properly. Use up your old brand on those who are happy with it and do all new clients or ones that want to change with the new brand. If you have decided on a change then OWN that change and do things right. It is dishonest to mix products and then to use them on paying clients who are not getting what they are paying for.

Wow - seriously??

I did not recommend that the poster mix products for her client - I agreed with the not mixing of products because the result couldn't be guaranteed.

I only suggested that if the poster didn't want to waste product - she could use the mixed product on herself - NOT HER CLIENTS.

Wow - seriously??

I did not recommend that the poster mix products for her client - I agreed with the not mixing of products because the result couldn't be guaranteed.

I only suggested that if the poster didn't want to wast2e product - she could use the mixed product on herself - NOT HER CLIENTS.

No. what you said was,

"I do sometimes mix products and have never had any issues with service breakdown. It is such a waste to throw away product because you are in the middle of a conversion."

which in my opinion only encourages others to do the same thing which would be against all the safety guidlines of those that really know such as the industry chemists like doug schoon. Why encourage anyone to do the wrong thing by even applying to themselves?

THIS SITE IS TO ENCOURAGE TECHNICINAS TO LEARN THE RIGHT WAY AND THE SAFE WAY (MORE IMPORTANTLY) TO PRACTICE. OPINION IS ONE THING AND FACTS ARE THE OTHER. Factual information is what this site is known for.

Latest posts

Back