Mobile and pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayleyc1983

Reaction score
Hey ladies I have just found out that I am pregnant. I do however still need to keep working! Any tips on how I can transport my equipment? It's too early to tell customers so any ideas on how I can get them to help with heavy lifting without giving the game away?

Also I use Eve Taylor products in facials, and offer spray tanning/tinting etc. are there any treatments that I should now avoid doing? I wear a mask when I spray tanning. Also are the cleaners such as wax pot cleaner etc safe to use? I cleaned it the other day before I found out but did wear a mask.

Thanks in advance :)

Congratulations on your news I'm guessing this is your first baby? Things that may help: consider getting wheels for your portable couch so you don't have to lift it/lifting is minimalised. Use trolley bags etc on wheels for equipment rather than anything you have to carry. All the treatments are safe to perform, the amount of essential oils in the eve taylor facial products aren't going to cause any probs, at the end of day pregnant people are allowed to use the products on themselves and the palms of your hands don't absorb an awful lot, and as you have said your can wear masks where you feel needed such as spray tanning, using wax equipment cleaner etc. x

Congratulations! Make out U pulled a muscle in your back and ask of they'd mind helping you carry stuff [emoji1]

There is no way in the world I would even consider asking clients to lift any of my equipment! Firstly what if they injure themselves or pull a muscle you need to consider the implications and your insurance and secondly is this how you want to carry on for the next 8-9 months?

I don't think it is very professional one bit asking clients to lift your equipment.I am 7 months pregnant and instantly stopped doing any treatments that involved a couch and I was fine.

There is no way in the world I would even consider asking clients to lift any of my equipment! Firstly what if they injure themselves or pull a muscle you need to consider the implications and your insurance and secondly is this how you want to carry on for the next 8-9 months?

I don't think it is very professional one bit asking clients to lift your equipment.I am 7 months pregnant and instantly stopped doing any treatments that involved a couch and I was fine.
This is also my personal view, for exactly the same reasons plus I don't think it's professional to ask, although most clients will always offer out of politeness. I always decline.(and I am also pregnant/have been mobile when pregnant before) x

If you look at the eve taylor website in the professional area, they give advice on pregnancy & their products. You should avoid using the facial & pre blended massage oils for the first 12 weeks, then they recommend the soothing/sensitive one. Also if you offers treatments such as shrinking violet you should wear gloves. Congratulations on your news x

Thanks everyone for your help xx

Latest posts

Back