MOBILE GEEKS. What treatments make you your money?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my treatments make me money! I price them so that I get a fair wage for what I do. On average I make £40 an hour regardless of the treatment. Make sure you do not make your treatments too cheap.

Highest profit I would say is massage full body-£50 back and shoulders £30 and facials £40-£55
Most regular returns would be for facials, massage and waxing
Add ons like eyebrow shapes £10 and tints £12 always boost profits too
Spray tans are good too as they take 25 mins including set up and require minimum physical effort for £30
Think again I've listed most things! I think doing a variety of treatments really opens up your client base.

I accept tips and am given better tips now than when I worked for someone else. It feels as good to give a tip as it does to receive them so why not take it, it can also sometimes be uncomfortable to the client if you refuse it. I usually say something like "thank you ,it's not necessary, but it's very apreciated" the first time so that they do not feel they have to tip every time as this could put them off. :hug:

Some people are tippers and some are not, just because you don't get a tip doesn't mean the client didn't love the treatment. I guess a tip says I really appreciate you and want you to treat yourself the way you've treated me!
Thing is, you can set your prices way higher than us in the north east. But then you have a higher cost of living!
I would never get anyone booking in for a £50 massage! haha.

Hi to all you geeks

I am home based.

I just wanted to know if any of you have ever had a tip from a client after their treatment?

And if so have you accepted it also if a client does tip you would you say that they were satisfied with the treatment given.

I ask as a client offered me a really good tip the other day and I was quite reluctant to accept it in case it was the wrong thing to do as i am home based its not exactly like working in a salon lol

I get tipped all the time, anything thing from £1.50-£10! Just depends!!

I never used to take it, i do now tho! hehehe...

xx:green:

hi i find spray tanning is my most popular money maker. I charge £20. to do a full body it takes about 15 mins or a half body for £15. and that takes 5 mins.

also mini manicure is £8. for twenty mins and the time goes so quickly as you are chatting the whole time.

I also go to a private home and have 10 mins hands on doing either a back massage, or a hand, or a foot massage and I charge £15. per client the home pays me once a week and I have a minimum of 3 clients up to 7in an afternoon. I have just been offered another 2 care homes in the same company so that is a great earner. :)

I also go to a private home and have 10 mins hands on doing either a back massage, or a hand, or a foot massage and I charge £15. per client the home pays me once a week and I have a minimum of 3 clients up to 7in an afternoon. I have just been offered another 2 care homes in the same company so that is a great earner. :)
How did you start doing this hun? And do you need extra insurance for going into a home to do treatments?

hi i find spray tanning is my most popular money maker. I charge £20. to do a full body it takes about 15 mins or a half body for £15. and that takes 5 mins.

also mini manicure is £8. for twenty mins and the time goes so quickly as you are chatting the whole time.

:eek: old peoples feet.... couldnt do it!

My nana asks for a pedi all the time, i just cant!!!!!!

:eek: old peoples feet.... couldnt do it!

My nana asks for a pedi all the time, i just cant!!!!!!
LoL bet some of them have cleaner and sweeter smelling feet than some of the people that come for a pedicure :Scared:
I could do it, love being around the older generation and feeling like i can do something to help them.
And i love some of the stories they tell :lol:

Spray Tanning £25 (25 mins) and Bio Sculpture Gel Overlays £25 Coloured and £30 French (1 hr) are what I do most. I keep the area I cover to a radiaus of max 4 miles to keep costs lower and fit more clients in.

Latest posts

Back