Mobile hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonaD93

Reaction score
Hi. I've been in industry 8years, a mobile beautician for a year and just starting to offer hairdressing on mobile basis as been doing hair for couple years. I've done cuts but would like to start colouring again.
I like igora.

My question is: what colours do I need to get to get me started off? I have some base colours and few other ones as done my mum's & friends' hair from home but not sure what I need for mobile as I don't want to get the full colour range if I'm not going to use all of it. Also any other advice for mobile colouring would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I wouldn’t purchase a huge range of colours but buy the basics from a range that enables you to mix up your own bespoke colour cocktail for each client. If you really learn to understand colour, it’s not that difficult to do. Also, it can’t easily be replicated elsewhere.

Never apply colour to a new client without doing a thorough consultation and patch test. Use this as an opportunity to work out what’s required for the follow-on appointment, then purchase stock accordingly. Often clients have never had a decent consultation and will appreciate the care you take.

My version of mobile hairdressing is luxury pampering in your own home so don’t charge cheap prices. After all, everything is to suit the client so no loud music, annoying chit chat, leaving to see to another client, chatting to fellow stylists etc. I can play ambient music via my phone and mini stereo if the client wants it. I provide chatty magazines, if required.

My golden rule...always be fully prepared, use a tick off list for every client to ensure you never forget anything essential, especially decent quality electronic scales.

I made some rookie errors in the early days, such as when a client changes her mind when you arrive and wants it a different colour and you’re having to mix tiny quantities of different tints to get the correct tone. If you only carry tubes of ready mixed colours, this is far more difficult to do!

I wouldn’t purchase a huge range of colours but buy the basics from a range that enables you to mix up your own bespoke colour cocktail for each client. If you really learn to understand colour, it’s not that difficult to do. Also, it can’t easily be replicated elsewhere.

Never apply colour to a new client without doing a thorough consultation and patch test. Use this as an opportunity to work out what’s required for the follow-on appointment, then purchase stock accordingly. Often clients have never had a decent consultation and will appreciate the care you take.

My version of mobile hairdressing is luxury pampering in your own home so don’t charge cheap prices. After all, everything is to suit the client so no loud music, annoying chit chat, leaving to see to another client, chatting to fellow stylists etc. I can play ambient music via my phone and mini stereo if the client wants it. I provide chatty magazines, if required.

My golden rule...always be fully prepared, use a tick off list for every client to ensure you never forget anything essential, especially decent quality electronic scales.

I made some rookie errors in the early days, such as when a client changes her mind when you arrive and wants it a different colour and you’re having to mix tiny quantities of different tints to get the correct tone. If you only carry tubes of ready mixed colours, this is far more difficult to do!
Thank you for the advice. It help me alot

Latest posts

Back