Mobile - outcosts and wages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
Hiya

was just wondering - if u dont mind sharing with me- how much your out costs are when working mobile, say you had three customers a day? just having a think about it and i worked out my outcosts to be around £450 per month-have i calculated this wrong? to make a decent wage you would then have to do three clients a day at about £30 each 5 days a week.

i may be way off the mark with this though!

i told u i get really bored in the office!!!

xx

what are you including in 'outcosts'? petrol, insurance, product, wear and tear on the car etc? x

actually just product, id be working from a home salon so just product at the moment ill worry about electricity etc later!

am I getting the wrong end of the stick here then? are you saying that your outcosts are your bills etc or just what you think it costs you to do nails?

With Creative products it costs about £3.50 to create a full set, most of which is tips. If you sculpt then it's cheaper.

£3.50 x 3 clients per day = £10.50 per day
£10.50 x 5 days per week = £52.50 per week
£52.50 x 4 weeks per month = £210.00 per year

Don't forget that is for full sets, rebalances should be less product and no tips.

Not sure about abrasives, petrol, insurance, car wear and tear, etc.

Trin
xx

but then at £30 per full set, 3 clients a day, 5 days a week..... you would be earning £1,800 a month!!

If three quarters of them were rebalances..... that would be £900 on rebalances at £20 each + £450 for the other quarter new sets = £1,350... chuck a few manicures in a week at £12? thats another £144 per month with not much outlay!

Then you could retail them all solar oil and make on that too! lol

Aspirations said:
but then at £30 per full set, 3 clients a day, 5 days a week..... you would be earning £1,800 a month!!

If three quarters of them were rebalances..... that would be £900 on rebalances at £20 each + £450 for the other quarter new sets = £1,350... chuck a few manicures in a week at £12? thats another £144 per month with not much outlay!

Then you could retail them all solar oil and make on that too! lol

Then we can all retire and let LouLou keep us in the manner we are accustomed too :lick:

Trin
xx

LOL - yeah, I know... if only eh? x

[sigh] we can but dream :lol:

I personally think it is difficult to calculate costs. As a mobile I only work part time, my work varies from week to week. Some weeks I work 10 hours, some 20 for example. Depends on what the clients need doing.

Also many clients come to my house so then you save on petrol.

It does seem to go quiet in the third week towards the end of the month (pay day), then it picks up

If you look at it as a quarter of the treatment price for a good guestimate, I am sure costs don't come to this much but then you are taking them into account and can basically pay yourself more when you have paid all your costs.

Hope this helps!!

I remember when I first started out I did a breakdown of cost for each of my treatments so I would always have a fair idea on how much was outgoing, I found it helped with pricing my treatments aswell.

I spent hours on creating a new document for each treatment and its all kept in a lovely presentation folder (thought it would come in handy if I ever wanted to get a bank loan for the business)....after the first couple of months it got put in the filing cabinet with all my other paperwork and now its quite out of date!!

Its so hard to be precise as there are so many variables but try to give yourself a rough idea so you have it in the back of your mind.

Latest posts

Back