Mobile paraffin wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly100

Reaction score
Afternoon all!
I have been reading the recent thread about different types of waxing applications with interest as i am starting a course in April! I am hoping to do some mobile app when qualified and had no idea that you could get equipment that came with an adapter for the car so you could keep it warm on the wayto your client!!
My question is do some Paraffin wax heaters come with the same facility as i am looking to buy one at Excel next week and hope to do this mobile too.....is this a bit ambitious or with planninng possibe???
:) Thanx xx

Afternoon all!
I have been reading the recent thread about different types of waxing applications with interest as i am starting a course in April! I am hoping to do some mobile app when qualified and had no idea that you could get equipment that came with an adapter for the car so you could keep it warm on the wayto your client!!
My question is do some Paraffin wax heaters come with the same facility as i am looking to buy one at Excel next week and hope to do this mobile too.....is this a bit ambitious or with planninng possibe???
:) Thanx xx
Hi Naomi,you dont really need an adapter to keep your wax warm whilst travelling to your clients.

What I do and I know many others do, is heat up at home,once at correct temperate,I pack in car and put on again as soon as I get to clients house, thenset up,by the time I have finished setting up my wax is ready to go.

The wax takes no time at all to get to desired temperature.I have never had any problems with this method.HTH

hi,
my name is T J and need advice on paraffin wax heaters. I bought one from excel and was told it would take 20 min to melt wax. The next day i thought i would try it and discovered after 3 hrs the wax still hadn't melted fully. This is not practical if going mobile. I am doing treatments at home but considering mobile. anyway i did use pellets if that makes a difference. SO please help any advice.
T J. x

If i fill my heater up to the max level then it takes a lot longer to heat up but if its on the min level then it will heat in about an hour! Mine is made by Homedics if thats any help, but if yours is taking 3 hours then go back the manufacture and see what they have to say!! hth xx

Hi, Hive do a spray paraffin system which is great for mobile work... no chance of it spilling as the wax is in spray guns. You can also use the same machine for depilatory waxes (each side of the machine has a different temperature dial).
I know that Elite in Castleford sell them online but you'll also find them on the Hive website. Worth a look! x

little trick i learnt was to put my melted paraffin wax in a flask and apply it when i get there as it is still melted.

It really works as well.

Hi, Hive do a spray paraffin system which is great for mobile work... no chance of it spilling as the wax is in spray guns. You can also use the same machine for depilatory waxes (each side of the machine has a different temperature dial).
I know that Elite in Castleford sell them online but you'll also find them on the Hive website. Worth a look! x
I saw these at the show but as i have only just bought my heater i`ll be using that for now!!! Thanks though! xx

I've got salon system and their wax pots come with screw on lids so I used to leave the heater on prior to treatement to soften the wax if possible,

but i found my only having the a tub of parafin wax tht was only a third full it would always be soft enough to apply once i needed it - but only if i turned it on upon arrival and set up all other stuff after

Latest posts

Back