Mobile phone credit gone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuise.e

Reaction score
I'm funimg!!
I put £10 credit on my daughter's phone this morning, she went off to the cinema - came out of the cinema and switched her phone on. She says she had about 20 text messages telling her all the things she can get - she says she didn't know what they were and kept deleting them - only to find she now has only 57p credit left!! I'm fuming!! She swears she didn't join anything or download a ringtone or anything.......... so i'm wondering what the hell has happened??? any ideas? She has now text "STOP" to the number - so I'm hoping that will be it. I'm worried about putting more credit on now in case it happens again. The only other thing I can think of is maybe she "joined something" when she had no credit as she had free texts.
I wish there was a way to stop these things.
Rant over

There are some companies that send texts and as soon as you open them to read them it affects the SIM card and thren every text you read or send automatically deducts 50p from the phone credit. Take it inoto a mobile phone shop and ask them...hate to say this but you often have to buy a new SIM card!!

even when u order ringtones or videos etc that seem just like a one off most still actually add you to their club they could have been sending your daughter texts that she wasn't able to pay for and when her phone got topped up took all the credit off to pay for the texts. these clubs should be stopped its all a money making thing, especially when they are just taking credit

My goodness! What network does she use. I'd complain if I were you, at least to let them know what happened!

nailsbydesign said:
There are some companies that send texts and as soon as you open them to read them it affects the SIM card and thren every text you read or send automatically deducts 50p from the phone credit. Take it inoto a mobile phone shop and ask them...hate to say this but you often have to buy a new SIM card!!

I thought perhaps it may be easier to get a new sim card just in case, they are only £1 - if it's inconvenient for my daughter to have a new number - well that's tough!! I'm still not convinced she hasn't "done something"
But I'm angry at these companies who who whooo the teenagers in with all their stuff.

Anyway - she gets £10 credit a month - so that's march's gone!!

ADiva1 said:
My goodness! What network does she use. I'd complain if I were you, at least to let them know what happened!

Orange - trying to get hold of them is like trying to teach a chocolate mouse to count - they are not interested!

Zuise.e said:
I thought perhaps it may be easier to get a new sim card just in case, they are only £1 - if it's inconvenient for my daughter to have a new number - well that's tough!! I'm still not convinced she hasn't "done something"
But I'm angry at these companies who who whooo the teenagers in with all their stuff.

Anyway - she gets £10 credit a month - so that's march's gone!!
SIM cards for my phone from Orange are not £1 they are £19.99 plus and other £10 for credit!!!!

have u tried a genie sim card from 02? thats what i use because i text everyone i never phone! lol u get 300 free texts messages a month as long as you put £10 a month on your phone - even though there is a cheat for that! lol

We're all with Tmobile and when this happened to kay they looked on her account, infact they looked at all 4 of our phones and told us how many of these companys had their hooks into us, yes us and what to text to which numbers to stop it, we're all on u fix so kays phone actualy costs us £15 per month and if she wants more she tops up but because its a contract phone she gets a free up grade on her phone every year. thats by the by but what they told us is that when you get a ring tone or something from 1 company even thow you send stop to it some times they have already passed you to a sister company who bill you for their stuff whether you want it or not.
Its horific that they can do this, espesialy when the small print says over 18's its a joke:irked:

tink18 said:
have u tried a genie sim card from 02? thats what i use because i text everyone i never phone! lol u get 300 free texts messages a month as long as you put £10 a month on your phone - even though there is a cheat for that! lol

same as orange but with them you get 1000 free texts a month (evenings and weekends) and we're all on orange so it makes sense to stay with them

Zuise.e said:
Is this just for an existing phone that already has a phone number or do you get a new phone number with this SIM card??? I have just bought a phone from someone who has transferred their number to their new phone and need a SIM card that gives me a new phone number and the Carphone Warehouse said altold with £10 credit it would be £29.99.

nailsbydesign said:
Is this just for an existing phone that already has a phone number or do you get a new phone number with this SIM card??? I have just bought a phone from someone who has transferred their number to their new phone and need a SIM card that gives me a new phone number and the Carphone Warehouse said altold with £10 credit it would be £29.99.

You can put it in any phone - (providing it's not locked to another company) I buy kids phones from a re- conditioned mobiles shop you get a new phone number when you register it.

the best way to stop then is to buy a new sim card i think - texting stop back to these numbers doesn't always stop them xx

Latest posts

Back