Mobile phones......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragdoll >^..^<

Reaction score
Hiya, just a quicki, im due an upgrade, i am considering the LG Secret. has anyone got one? are they any good? ive never had Lg before, allways had Nokia's but really fancy a change this time.

Hi Kate,

I work for an independant mobile phone company and would recommend Nokia, Sony Erricsson and Samsung over ANY other makes and in that order. Imo LG should stick to making washing machines and TV's!

That said it's up to you but it depends on what you want from your phone really.

What network are you with and is it your personal or business mobile?

Sarah. x

I've got the LG Viewty and I love it........

I love my sony ericcson :green: have had samsungs in the past along with nokias but always go back to sony.
Had the armani touch screen and son has had the lg viewety as well as the nokia N95, he seems to get along with those but im not in to all touch screens.
The sony ericcson k850i is part touch and i can just about manage with that lol

Hmmm now im all confused :confused:, im with vodafone on a contract, i use it business and personal use. i text alot rather than phone, never use the internet or music but i would like a phone to take decent pictures. Oh and it has to look cool ( i know, im a poser !) :lol: Anyone have any suggestions ?

im with vodafone and ive got the pink nokia 7373 and i love it.im actually also due for an upgrade which i have been since march but im so happy with my phone that i dont want to change it.i bought a 2gb memory card for my phone so i have got so much space.ive got more than 40 songs and 200 photos and ive still got 1.7gb left:green:.
have you thought about vodafones sim card packages that they do? its only a 30 day contract at a time so you can change your tariff as often as you like.but they do better packages with that than they do for a proper contract.xxx
Nokia UK - Nokia 7373 here is a link to my phone so you can see what it looks like.xx

Hi Tracy, ive looked at the monthly sim card package but i need a new phone, my nokia is slowly dying :( so unless i buy a new phone i cant use that option. I do like your phone, but i don't know.... you know somtimes when you just get a bit bored of what you've got :| want a change, im probably being stupid and should stick to nokia :rolleyes:

I wanted the Pink Blackberry...but it was way out of my price range...I wouldn't use it for all the stuff it can do...I just thought it was pretty...:lol:

I wanted the Pink Blackberry...but it was way out of my price range...I wouldn't use it for all the stuff it can do...I just thought it was pretty...:lol:

Girl after my own heart Angie :lol:

Here is a link to my phone, i have the blue one
Google Image Result for http://www.a2zphones.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/sony_ericsson_k850i.jpg

All the pics in my gallery are taken with my phone its a cybershot 5.0 megapixels, once you have taken the pics and go to media and view them you can turn the pics around just by tilting your phone, it also has built in radio which is fab.

Good luck in your search :hug:

Yours looks nice pips, is it easy to text on ?

Here is a link to my phone, i have the blue one
Google Image Result for http://www.a2zphones.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/sony_ericsson_k850i.jpg

All the pics in my gallery are taken with my phone its a cybershot 5.0 megapixels, once you have taken the pics and go to media and view them you can turn the pics around just by tilting your phone, it also has built in radio which is fab.

Good luck in your search :hug:
they are really clever the sony ericsson phones as my brother in-laws does all this aswell.
im just more fussy as i like mine to look abit fancy and i need a phone that i can use the buttons easy as i have my nails square and quite long.
mine also has a built in radio and your right pips it is fab as i get a better signal on that than i do on my radio in the bathroom:lol:.xxx

Its very easy to use, the buttons are easy and it also has some touch screen features like media, menue & contacts, infact the only time i use the buttons is when i start texting, everything else is through the 3 touch screen features.

think i might pop into a phone shop tomorrow and have a good ol look at them all :)

:green: I want that on my next upgrade but that's not for another 6 months:cry:

I do however have the black Pearl and I wouldn't swap it for the world (except for the pink one which'll be out when my renewal is due)! I have seen a beautiful pink Aloha flowers cover for it which I just might have to buy to see me through the next few dark un-pink months, lol!

I love it, and the best part is, I can keep my brain in it and no-one notices, lol!

I have had Nokia and Sony Ericsson and I prefer the Sony in all fairness but Kate I do think it's best to go into and INDEPENDANT store and get a feel for which phone you might like. Take a look on gsmarena.com first(although that might just confuse you further, then go direct to the network.

It depends on your usage as to what they are prepared to give you foc, but if you have a phone in mind and they won't give it to you, just threaten to leave!

Also, ask for a tariff review for the last 3 months, that'll tell you whether you are on the right tariff for your needs, they should be able to give you some alternative tariffs and maybe some discount too. Also tell them you use it for business, there are some great packages for small businesses and you can wright-off the monthly bill to the taxman :)

I actually work in a department mainly doing Voda business upgrades so I've got an idea of how to work them.:)

If they don't budge, there are some great deals to be had on O2 which is the next network I would recommend and you're more likely to get the phone you want too.

Kate I just noticed you're only in Southampton. I'm in Gosport, my business consultants could pop over to you to give you the very best deal if you like? A couple of them live your way so no strings, if you don't like what you see, you can say no, no hard feelings! They have skins as thick as a rhino, lol!

xx

I swear by my N95 it take excellent photos normal and close up and has really good video quality, great for roaming the net due to the large screen and great for music. I thought it would be bulky but I find its ok and haven't really notice the size, I think the fact that it has so many good points it take my mind of that Minor issue.

I'd never buy an LG, as far as I'm concerned the phones are pants, I've had two in the past given to me and by my brother and I gave them back lol. They have poor reception and are very unreliable.

Samsungs D range - these are good only fault I had was the camera on the D90, the video was good though also like the fact you can block numbers.

Ericsson - great for music

Oh and most importantly they all handle well bar the LG's

Ask to see a demo of the phones and don't forget to see the picture quality.

I do however have the black Pearl and I wouldn't swap it for the world (except for the pink one which'll be out when my renewal is due)! I have seen a beautiful pink Aloha flowers cover for it which I just might have to buy to see me through the next few dark un-pink months, lol!

I love it, and the best part is, I can keep my brain in it and no-one notices, lol!
I dont know much about LG's but all I can say is I can not live without my Blackberry pearl its my office away from home.:lol: I LOVE IT!

All my mobiles have been "LG's" except for one that was GARBAGE.
Never had nary a problem. NEVER dropped calls (but that could be the service provider and not necessarily the phone). I've gotten calls in places that are usually difficult to get calls (underground, concrete,, blah blah)
I know of friend's that have problems all the time, and I've never once been dissatisfied.

hth's

Latest posts

Back