Mobile prices inclusive of blowdrys?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is your cut and blowdry £10 as a separate service?

No, but it is for time. I hate separate pricing..... It is a con!!!
My cut and finish price is discounted with a colour service......plainly good customer service, they always come back!!
I'm upfront all the time.

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nobody walks away with wet hair. Especially paying £95!

So if I charged £95 for a colour and blowdry is not given the client a choice.

Mrs Smith gets a rough dry after her monthly root tint- £60 a month- every so often she books on a Friday and pays £95 to get herself a big bouncy blowdry.

What if a client wanted a cut too? Would you charge £60 for the cut ontop?

We like to give clients a choice depending on time and money

£35 for a blowdry is extortionate!

When clients call to book in for colour they are offered the choice of a professional blowdry or they can choose to just have it rough dried with an assistant. It's not just about money, some clients don't have time to have their hair blowdried.

When they pay their receipt is itemised, so they can see exactly how much their are paying for their colour, blowdry etc.. So I can't see how you could say that separate pricing is a con. I can understand charging extra for something like shampoo might be OTT, but a blowdry is another 30 mins of work so I would consider it a separate service, either way I think it is important to be clear and consistent with your prices.

Why do you say extortionate?

I personally think a colour service should include a basic Blowdry .. This be included in the price - not free !

For instance Say your tint is £60 and Blowdry is £20 but a bouncy Blowdry is £30 or a cut and Blowdry is £35 / £45 for bouncy Blowdry and cut.. I would say the colour service was £80 but if they wanted a more intricate Blowdry or it cut etc then it would be at a surcharge ..

If that makes sense?

I don't see why people have seperate prices that don't include a Blowdry in the colour service .. It's the same in my salon and I hate when people come in asking a price and when you tell them the total price they question why the colour doesn't include a Blowdry etc ?x

Think ive started something here . . . Lol

Thanks again for all feedback. It seems most of you have a inclusive price or like i currently do, offer the blowdrying and cutting options when making their appointment. I must just add that doing it this way has never caused me any problems or clients have never been shocked or 'conned' i offer the cbd at a reduced rate when having colours.

I was just thinking from a clients point of view that if they were shopping around and my colour prices looked £10- £20 more than the competition due to me having the blowdry inc.could this go against me? ( even though most clients come through rec from current clients) it was just another angle i was considering.

As much as im in business to make money i also like to try and think 'like a client' and they like choices.Not all my clients want a blowdry in their own home, (most do though) I do feel in a salon i would push this more as i wouldnt want them leaving my salon with wet scruffy hair :/ for all obvious reasons already stated. X

£35 for a blowdry is extortionate!

That's your opinion, it's certainly not the most expensive blowdry.

Refering back to your original post, you said you wanted to include the price of the blowdry into the colour to stop people from trying to save money on skipping the blowdry - I think the problem that you will have is that like you said you will have you will to advertise your colours as being more expensive.

If you advertise them as a colour & blow dry then the same clients that don't pay for blowdrys now will ask how much for the colour only, so you are back to square one. If you tell them that it is included in the price where or not they have it dried then they will feel like they are being ripped off.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there,
I'm not a mobile, but would definitely advise you to include a finish.
You need to see the cut/colour yourself before you leave, to make sure you and the client are happy with it. Other wise, you could end up getting a call later saying it hasn't dried up as they expected it to!
Also, as you have mentioned....some of them are after CHEAP AS CHIPS.
Now, if your O.K. with that....fine, but I'm sure, like most of us professionals, you have a real pride in what you produce, and that sense of pride comes at the end, when we see our finished 'DO'.
This finish is also our walking advertisment. If they are left to 'scruff dry', lets be honest, it will never show our work to its best advantage!
In the salon, I do all inclusive pricing...no hidden extras, clients appreciate this, I get job satisfaction, they leave looking gorgeous, and it keeps this profession...PROFESSIONAL.:)

My finish is charged as separate. Although I'll always do a blow dry. Even if it's just a blast and quick straighten. But I give a discount off the total price. Half price finish I charge with any colour service.

Latest posts

Back