Mobile spray tanning - advertising!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malibustacey

Reaction score
Hi,

I am knew to spray tanning...I have completed my training and bought my kit but I am wondering where is best to advertise? HELPPPP NEEDED :rolleyes:!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

I'm in exactly the same boat - i work full time and i am stuck for time and ideas! Help!

Hi, I'm also a mobile spray tan tech & the best form of advertising I have found is word of mouth! Spray your friends & family and let them be a walking advertisment for you, that's 1 thing that I did & I got loads of business.

I also advertised on as many free websites as possible & set up my own website, also for free.

Once I got my initial few clients, they recommended friends and word spreads. I also have a lot of repeat business.

I did a special offer for 2 weeks & cut the price of a full body tan by 30% for a ltd period to build some interest & also did a recommend a friend voucher for all new clients so they save a little bit of money on their next tan when they recommend a friend - this gets me repeat business as well as a new client.

There is so much you can do, you just have to be patient, once the word is out there I have found that even if I think I've got a quiet week it very quickly changes! I've already done over 25 tans in the last 2 weeks alone.

Clients are everywhere. Set your self a target to tell 5 people a day what you do. Keep business cards on you and hand them out everywhere.

Get on the net. Get a website (for free) and get networking (also free!).

Facebook, Myspace, Bebo, Twitter, Netmums, Google Maps, Ebay etc all offer a perfect place to meet a target audience to sell your treatments too.

Avoid things that cost more than £100 especially when your profit margins far below this per treatment. I personally never advertise now unless I can cover the cost with just one sale.

Don't forget your car, your clothes, the front of your house all perfect to place adverts on of what you do, and it surprisingly works.

Now is the time to start marketing as the xmas parties all start to kick off over the next few weeks.

Kate

Latest posts

Back