Mobile.. storing equipment etc in car

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwee

Ice Hockey Geek
Reaction score
hiya! i've been going mobile for about a month, i'm getting a right head ache about my car and all my equipment. At the mo i'm leaving my couch and my tables in the car and other bits and bobs and then just bringing what i need from home. Only problem is I did someone the other day that had nail extensions done, but then asked if I could do a patch test for eyelash perming for her.. but I didnt have the stuff with me! How does everyone else cope with this.. do u load up your car with everything you might possibly need in the mornings? I just feel so un organised at the mo its getting on my nervous!:mad:

Just a word of warning here for you Linzie: Christi, another member of our geeky community, recently had her car broken into and all her equipment stolen, so just be careful ... unfortunately, there are some very nasty people out there.

Also check your insurance, most policies do not cover your equipment when stored in the car unless it's in a locked compound, now who do you know has a locked compound? It's not a fair exclusion from the policy but I haven't found one that doesn't include it.

I'm sorry that doesn't actually answer your question does it :smack:

Hi, I only take what I need but then I do also have a little bag packed with what I need to do an eyelash tint test or perm just in case. If I go to do leg waxing I also make sure I have what I need to eyebrow waxing, little strips, headband, mirror etc as a lot of people say, can you just do my eyebrows...!

I also always take a bottle of massage oil with me as then if someone wants a massage, I can do that too.

Certain things I always carry also are my extension lead, shower curtain to cover client's floor, my little cd player and also a packet of cotton wool pads and extra leg wax strips just in case I ran out mid treatment!

Hope that's of some help. Hope your mobile work goes well! x

I only do nails so that limites the amount of stuff I have to carry to start with! But, I always take all my products out of my car every night (and during the day when it's hot)....... why?? Storing chemicals at extremes of tempreature affects how they work, and think how hot/cold the inside of your car gets. If you expose your products to extremes of temperature you will get product breakdown......

Plus, I don't want it all nicked!

i have just bought a trolley tool box on wheels from focus do it all
(£25)!:green:
it fits everything in, including , spa mani & pedi, all my millions of nail stuff , and beauty stuff , the only thinig it cant put in it is my wax pot:green: ,
i was going to get the riva bella beauty case from sallys but cant afford £65 so i bought this and its silver so doesent look as much like a tool box as the black and yellow ones :green: , plus everything is all in there so i just lift it out the car and take it in the house :green: much easier , hth

The onllt things i keep in my car are and empty box fo my clean towels the rest i take in and out every time im off to do a client it is a hasstle but dont want to run the risk of anythink being stolen...xx

Also i carry a small bag of extras like for parch tests and cotton pads, mirror and masage cream anythink yyou think ya might need to add to a traetment oe like you said .. can you just do this .... it helps xx

If you get them crates from wilkinsons or something, the stacking ones with lids, one for nails, another for lash treatments and stuff, the night before have a check of what clients you have booked the next day and have the boxes ready by the door, when morning comes load the boxes. Its good to sometimes take more than you need as you know you'll have what ever a client asks for. I would always forget something so I made a list to put on the inside of the box listing everything that should be inside. Every so often you can do like a stock check to make sure you have everything and check if anything going to need replacing soon. You can get loads of those crates in a car as well so you'll always have everything you might need!

HTH's

P.S Definatly don't leave anything in the car over night though!

I would carry everything with me evry day.As you said I wouldn't want to miss out on a treatment just because I didn't have something with me.

I have the crates and have all my facial range in one,waxing equipment in another,nail products in another and so forth.I need 3 crates so some of the equipment is mixed treatments.

If you keep it in crates then all you have to do is carry them out to the car each day,and there is less chance of you forgetting anything because it will all be together.

As already mentioned never,ever leave anything in your car overnight.It's your livelyhood after all.HTH

I always take everything with me. I've got a few different boxes of stuff. Nails, waxing, facials and spray tanning.

I have a VERY full boot!!!:lol:

Certainly never leave anything in the car now since Christie's disaster.

Latest posts

Back