Mobile Technician distance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scattyfox

Reaction score
As a mobile technician how far do you travel from your home? Are you happy to go 60 miles out of town or do you keep within a circuit near to home?

Cuticles girls how far do you travel? And do you charge extra for long distances?

I think it depends on what services you offer and how long it takes you to get there. If I have a pamper party, I will travel over 40 miles, For me its worth the extra effort, of not trailing around and setting up and tidying up again and again. Normally my radius is about twenty miles, but if someone wants more than one treatment, again its worth my while. For a file and polish, I wont travel more than a few minutes.

I think it also helps that I love driving my car and I like that down time between clients to clear my head.
You need to do what suits you and what your comfortable with.

Hi,

I travel a maximum of 15 miles, charging extra after the first 6 miles.

It's not really worth travelling that far unless you can make a reasonable amount of money from it.

I personally would want a very good reason (i.e. amount of money) for travelling that far and also would want extra for fuel etc.

Marlise

scattyfox said:
As a mobile technician how far do you travel from your home? Are you happy to go 60 miles out of town or do you keep within a circuit near to home?

Cuticles girls how far do you travel? And do you charge extra for long distances?
I used to be mobile but have a home salon now, the only people I go mobile for now, are people who cannot manage my stairs (we are supposed to make ourselves accessible to the disabled). I used to say 10 miles radius but have been asked by Cutilcles H/O on one occasion to travel much further than that. I think it all depends on what they are wanting re treatment really, a quick mani that is not that expensive would make me think twice about travelling very far to do it. You need to work out if it is cost effective or not.

the furthest i have been is about 15 miles and i only went there because she had a pedi and extensions so it was worth the travel.I genrally only travel a couple of miles out of town i dont really advertise any where else so no one really knows about me.I dont think i would travel 60 miles not unless there is a few having tratments.

Latest posts

Back