mobile techs - advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
hi geeks!

for those of you that work mobile-im just interested to know how you promote ur businesses? e.g business cards? leaflets etc? or is it all just word of mouth?

xx

all of the above! lol.
I would do what ever you can to promote yourself!
Definatly wear your own work, always carry your business cards, and ask to leave leaflets/ business cards in local shops.
I can recommend vista print for business cards;
www.vistaprint.co.uk (follow this link for a free sample, just pay P&P)
www.vistaprint.co.uk/frfuk?frf=480916462980 (follow this link to recieve 25% off your order)
The bottom link is good if you want your cards to have a blank back or want one of the designs not on the free offer.
Hope this helps you

Magnetic car signs!! lol x

I did a leaflet drop round some posh estates and it seemed to do well. Thought I was going to Posh & Becks house one day- just for a pedicure! Post office windows, hairdressers, anywhere that has ads up. Yell.com has worked for me to.

personally the only source of advertising that has worked for me was in my local press.This particular newspaper is delivered free through out the borough every wednesday.Leaflet drops,shop window ads and even handing out leaflets in the street has all ben a waste of time for me.I know every one rants and raves about WORD OF MOUTH but you have to get the first few clients from some where in order to have someone to spread the word.

Try advertising nail parties...if you are happy to do them that is. It's a great way to get lots of people at once and to sell some retail products.

It's funny as different things seem to work for different peeps. Ads in freebie papers has never brought me work. Best ones for me are YP (display ad), Thomson Local and Yell.com.

I give my clients A5 posters to display on their staff noticeboard too.

i put them up in shops and left some cards at the hairdressers but had no response yet, ill leave it a few more weeks, also when i go out i take some cards with me and hand them out. xx

Aspirations said:
mmmmn where do we get those from :D lmao

*JOANNE* said:
mmmmn where do we get those from :D lmao

yeah they sound great - are they like magnetic L plates? cos i had them and they kept flying off!! xx

send aspirations a pm hun she did mine

Aspirations said:

;) Actually I've used this type of signage and these type of signs can do rather well promoting business' and letting people know who you are and what you do, Quiet a few years ago I owned a Security Business that was one of the major players in the Security Ind of South East Queensland ( australia )
I had several brand new cars and a big 4WD twin cab that I had the business' logo etc spraypainted on them, for the static guards and temp workers I had; I supplied them with the magnetic signs when they were required to use their own security vehicles... One drawback tho for these... they are easily stolen off your car :(

xox

How about advertising in your local bridal shops?

looby4444 said:
hi geeks!

for those of you that work mobile-im just interested to know how you promote ur businesses? e.g business cards? leaflets etc? or is it all just word of mouth?

xx

Some great ideas here! ill be trying em all and letting you know how i get on!

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back