Mobile therapists - packing tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stampy

Reaction score
I'm hoping for some advice from experience mobile beauty therapists about how they organise all their equipment.

At the moment I keep everything in cupboards at home then pack my bags as I need them. When I get home I will then put everything back in cupboard after I've cleaned it but this is so time consuming! Do you have bags/boxes already packed up ready to go?

Can't help thinking there must be a quicker way. All suggestions welcome! x

Hi lovey!!

Yes I do,

Facial stuff in one box, then you can pick/pack straight from it,

Waxing in another box and all equipment

Wax machines go straight back in the cupboard, upright in case of spillage

As each client requires different treatments it is a case of packing for each one

However I now have a suitcase with mani and pedi stuff in it, I find it easier than packing unpacking etc. I can then open this add to it/take from it and clean before I go

I tend to take this suitcase (trolley on wheels) with me if I am doing a few treatments as I can pack it altogether.

I think this is easier sometimes as you can have cotton wool, ear buds tinting stuff in one place if this makes sense?

Hope this helps but it is such a pain being mobile. I have stuff located "all over the shop" as my dad would say (sometimes I have a panic attack and can't find stuff as it is neatly packed away somewhere lol)

Hi
I did a short stint as a mobile tech, and the inconvenience of packing and unpacking was the main reason I decided to become salon based, I dont envy you!

Having said that I bought some metal cases, that way your stuff can live in your cases as its appropriately stored without you having to pack and unpack each time (its bad enough having to set up and clear away each time at the clients house!)

The best tip I can give you is this: The beauty wholesalers will sell you these metal containers, but they are really over priced. I got mine from Halfords, they were half the price, and were exactly the same as the ones in Sallys. Try hardware/DIY shops, most will have the aluminium cases that look like the ones used for beauty supplies.

I use clear bags, bought from Ellisons for facial productsx2, pedicure, manicure, and use a smaller bag for eyelash tinting, that also contains tweezers.

I keep all my products in a medium sized air hostess trolley, and a super size bag for towels, stereo, heated blanket, and other bits and pieces.

Foldaway table and stool.

I keep everything together in their bags, so it saves time, and forgetfullness.

Good luck!!!:)

I keep everything in clear plastic storage boxes I got from Tesco's for £5 each. They have clip-on lids and handles. I store and transport everything in the boxes and they stack neatly in my hallway when I'm not working! They also fit nicley in the boot of my car. They aren't professional beauty cases, but they do look neat and clean, and it does minimise all the packing and unpacking as everything is so easy to find. And they were dead cheap! :)

I have turned my porch into a beauty holding bay - we put cheap shelving up and I arrange all the products salon style on the shelves including towels/sarongs etc with my bags empty underneath so when it comes to packing time I can see exactly where everything is, the other thing I've found really helpful is to build yourself a Check List folder - this is invaluable as even though you think you've remembered everything there's normally something left out.

I used to carry all my bits down from a bedroom but this became way too tiring. If you don't have a porch maybe a utility room, area of hall/front room/garage that you could utilise?

Good luck! xx:eek:

Thanks for all your great replies so far! I've always been pretty organised but now I can fly out of the door! I've done some checklists, great for reminding myself of the daft things I always forget, and I've bought some new bags. I'm going to store everything ready packed in bags from now on so that I'm ready for anything! Thanks again x

Latest posts

Back