Mobile therapists, what do you wear?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily83

Reaction score
As title really?? I want to look professional but don't know if proper uniform is too much in people's homes. Thanks in advance x

I wear my uniform, as IMO it shows professionalism however, on the rare occasion that we have some sun I find my uniform can make me to hot, which leads to me getting sweaty an smelly LOL so on those days I have tank tops in black & brown so I will wear those with either a black skirt or black trousers :) hth xxxx

Thanks, that does help. Want to look professional too, so will get sorted with some uniform. Love your profile pic x

As title really?? I want to look professional but don't know if proper uniform is too much in people's homes. Thanks in advance x

Hi hun :)

I wear my tunic and black leggings, I don't see why going into someones home should be any different than if they visited the salon :) xxx

Uniform all the time..i have a uniform for winter and one for summer. I even have winter/summer work shoes!! :biggrin:

i wear smart casual clothes. i choose not to wear a uniform as i want to be as comfortable as possible. i have never had a client ask me why i dont wear a uniform. i feel my clients are more relaxed with me wearing my own clothes. another reason i choose not to wear uniform is i dont want to attract attention to myself carrying money to the wrong type of people if you see what i mean.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I wear a plain white long sleeve top from primark (i have loads of them lol) and black trousers. If its hot then I wear a short sleeve white top and black city shorts (to the knee)
Sort of smart casual. x

i wear smart casual clothes. i choose not to wear a uniform as i want to be as comfortable as possible. i have never had a client ask me why i dont wear a uniform. i feel my clients are more relaxed with me wearing my own clothes. another reason i choose not to wear uniform is i dont want to attract attention to myself carrying money to the wrong type of people if you see what i mean.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I find this interesting. I started out wearing a tunic (although I'm not mobile any more but work from home so maybe I shouldn't be answering lol) but now after several years I wear smart casual usually, although I do still have my tunic and sometimes feel I ought to wear it for new clients until they know me and my service.

Lots of clients used to ask why I was "trussed up in a tunic" especially on hot days . . . . . these same clients are still with me now so obviously it's not just about what you wear.

A lot is written on here about looking professional but I don't think that a uniform/tunic is necessarily the only way.

I think it depends on each person :) an your clients to.
I hate the 'what can I wear today' conflict I used to have every morning and the 'damn it another top/trousers ruined' scenarios I had before I started wearing my uniform. Also my uniform hides my fat rolls haha! Another bonus! an everyone always comments on how nice I look in my uniform.
I think as long as your not rocking up in your Jim jams or trackies an you look smart then it doesn't really matter to much :).
I have on the odd occasion not worn my uniform an when I first went mobile I didn't, an I felt as though clients didn't take me seriously an like I was just any other Tom dick an Harry visiting their home, not a professional there to do a job. it's a good advertisement too, if a clients neighbour sees me in my uniform coming from the house the may look me up knowing I'm a mobile beauty therapist.

Xxxx

I'm glad someone else started this thread as I was thinking exactly the same thing. Not sure whether to get a tunic or just wear smart/casual.

I tend to stick to black top/black trousers or a black dress with tights. I don't feel comfortable in tunics at all so I tend it stick to office style smart/cas clothes and flats.

I always wear a tunic with my guild badge. It makes me feel like I am actually going to work and I find clients to be a bit more respectful when I am wearing a uniform as opposed to jeans and a t shirt. If you are too casual it looks as if you are just having a go for a bit of pocket money. If you don't like tunics then a smart casual top with black trousers looks really nice too. I have a few tunic style tops that can be worn instead of the beauty tunic but I tend to only wear those when I am seeing regular clients
hth

I always wear smart/casual clothes, the sort of thing you'd expect a receptionist to wear - black trousers & cardigan with a smart top. I'm trying to lose weight at the moment so buying tunics every month would be a nightmare! Noone has ever asked why I don't wear one.

Xx

I have what I consider a uniform, but it's not a beauty tunic. Hate hate hate the polyester, badly cut tunics that seem to be the norm here. Never wore such a horrible tunic when I worked in France lol ^^

So I wear black trousers and t-shirt (long sleeved in winter) and got several coloured aprons from Simon Jersey. They're the long type so cover me enough to protect from any products. Nice bright colours (blue, green and purple ones) and easy to stick in the washing machine. Nice big pockets on the front is soo convenient too!

Nice to read everyone's outfits :D Air x

I wear black trousers and a nice top or black trousers with beauty tunic depending on what I'm doing

I wear black linen trousers, some long some 3 quarter length with white fitted t shirt with my business name on (from vistaprint) and on days when not working but on school run etc I have a bright pink hoodie with Keep Calm and
Get a Manicure on it, its quite a talking point and have got new clients from wearing it! :) xx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

I wear black linen trousers, some long some 3 quarter length with white fitted t shirt with my business name on (from vistaprint) and on days when not working but on school run etc I have a bright pink hoodie with Keep Calm and
Get a Manicure on it, its quite a talking point and have got new clients from wearing it! :) xx

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have some very smart Charlie leggings which I may try to match up with a top and apron.
Lynseypinsy, I love the sound of your hoodie, where is it from? :biggrin:

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have some very smart Charlie leggings which I may try to match up with a top and apron.
Lynseypinsy, I love the sound of your hoodie, where is it from? :biggrin:

I got it from Ebay, they print whatever you want, can't remember who but they are in Milton Keynes. I'm on phone at mo but will send link when on lap top! Xx

Yeh definately interested in the hoody, especially as I've just moved to a new area so am gaining new clients x

I market myself as a mobile salon and play to people who seem to think that being mobile makes you less professional so I wear my tunic for every client, even my Mum! When I do pamper parties with a fellow therapist we have matching polo tops with our pamper party logo on, yesterday I exhibited at a wedding fayre and I wore a smart black dress!

When I have been out shopping etc between clients I have often been asked for business cards as its obviously what I do cos I am in uniform! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back