Mobile therapists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalwellbeing

Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents,
Just a quick message to ask how many appointments on average do you mobile therapists get? and roughly how much do you earn a week, (a bit personal question i know sorry, but am starting up as a mobile and need to work out is it worth me quitting my day job when i have built up my client base) also how do you advertise?
Thanks Nina xx

I worked mobile for 4 years, at my height I was making £750 a week but at the beginning some weeks I only made £20-£30 pounds, some none and some £250! So at a busy time I had a maximum of 5 appointments a day, (you are limited by travel times) although sometimes there was more than one person at the appointment and sometimes one.

It's so variable it's impossible to tell you what you will make. As with any business some do well and some fail...

Why not work evenings and weekends at first and if it takes off extend your hours? Of course it's worth quitting if you are in demand.

I was lucky my mum had a good network of friends from Church and the Gym who used me and also I made friends with a mobile hair dresser and a sports massage therapist who passed me referrals and I passed them some back. One client who liked my treatments did an editorial on a popular website she was writing for and then from there it spread by word of mouth. Clients make clients so once you have 20 or so it will spread exponentially as long as you are good at what you do.

I only started my mobile business 9 weeks ago, for the 1st 4 weeks I earned on average €40 week. I now earn approx €70-€100. I only work evening & weekends. So I am happy that the money and clients going in the right direction.
There is a lot of other mobile therapists in my area so gaining a clientele is hard.
I am currently working on a website so once that is up I hope to get more business.

I'm the same, been at it about 18 months just eves and weekends. I'm choc full at the mo and could work Sundays if I didnt want a day off lol! Some weeks I make more than others like the girls said, it can be anything from £70 to £350 upwards. I'm currently trying to get something Part Time to replace my Full time job so I can see what else I can fit and hopefully give myself an evening a week off!:)

I'm the same, been at it about 18 months just eves and weekends. I'm choc full at the mo and could work Sundays if I didnt want a day off lol! Some weeks I make more than others like the girls said, it can be anything from £70 to £350 upwards. I'm currently trying to get something Part Time to replace my Full time job so I can see what else I can fit and hopefully give myself an evening a week off!:)

Hi! What do you find the most thing u are doing, treatment wise? also how did you promote yourself? thanks xx

Tans and Nails for me mostly! I made sure I put my website and details on every free listings site I could find so it bumped me up google, did a lot of pamper eves at schools etc and advertised on places like netmums and gumtree. I'd like to do more things but at the mo I can barely cope with the customers I have with the appointments I can offer so untill I can cut hours with another job that'll have to wait!

Your best bet it to just provide a really good service and keep in touch with customers, i do a monthly email with any new treatments and special offer so that keeps me in their minds too! If there's a lot of other therapists in your area dont be tempted to undercut yourself either!

HTH :)

thanks for your replies, i deffo am going to build my business up at the evenings and weekends. My neighbour just popped over shes just booked me for weds evening for about 5 treatments between her and her daughter :) so is all good! I have signed up to do the yell.com but the £9 a month advertsing to help bump my website through google. If anyones bored and fancys a look at my website its Total Wellbeing By Nina let me know what you think xx

Latest posts

Back