Mobile - timekeeping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h3llsb3lls

Reaction score
Hi guys - i am fairly new to mobile and am just starting to get busy (more than one appt on same day).

So far nearly all of my appts have been for several treatments which is great for making money. My question is how do you manage your time - i find if i am doing all waxing it isn't too bad but when i start doing pedicures (especially lux) my timing goes way over - it seems to take me much longer than it did in training. I have obviously allowed for set up and consultation time but i don't want the customers thinking i take ages.

Yesterday i went to a ladys house and did a full leg wax, bikini and underarm on her - then a half leg wax on her daughter (a nightmare as she kept squirming as she couldn't handle the pain and her mother had to bring her some rescue remedy - apparently this is usual for her but it meant i had to keep stopping). I then put all my stuff away and had to set up for mini pedicure (i would normally allow 30 mins for this treatment) and a shape and polish on hands. I was at her house for 4 hours!! In my head this should have taken no more than 3.

It seems that my waxing is getting faster which i expected with practice (i really struggled with timing in college) but my nail treatments are getting longer lol and i was fine with my timings on these in college.

Does anyone have any tips on how to speed myself up or is this something that is going to take time. I think the main problem is being in someone elses house and perhaps i take too much stuff with me.

Any suggestions are much appreciated x

:)Hi im mobile, and to be honest sometimes some things just take longer sometimes, it can depend if someone has bad cuticles or long nails to trim and shape, if they faff about etc. But the one thing that does make a difference hun is if you have more than one type of treatment then you do have to set up and pack away and set up the next thing so this does add alot on to time, then to pack away and get it all in your car, So dont worry as long as your treatment times are approx right it's fine, and im sure with something nice like a pedi they really wont mind you taking a little longer.
One thing i do is not put a time on my treatment list, then noone can ever say anything, and if they ask how long something takes, always say "about" an hour etc. As far as going to other clients after, I always over estimate treatment and travel time and again tell clients I will be with them at "about" 6pm. So they understand things can hold you up etc.hth.xx

Hi guys - i am fairly new to mobile and am just starting to get busy (more than one appt on same day).

So far nearly all of my appts have been for several treatments which is great for making money. My question is how do you manage your time - i find if i am doing all waxing it isn't too bad but when i start doing pedicures (especially lux) my timing goes way over - it seems to take me much longer than it did in training. I have obviously allowed for set up and consultation time but i don't want the customers thinking i take ages.

Yesterday i went to a ladys house and did a full leg wax, bikini and underarm on her - then a half leg wax on her daughter (a nightmare as she kept squirming as she couldn't handle the pain and her mother had to bring her some rescue remedy - apparently this is usual for her but it meant i had to keep stopping). I then put all my stuff away and had to set up for mini pedicure (i would normally allow 30 mins for this treatment) and a shape and polish on hands. I was at her house for 4 hours!! In my head this should have taken no more than 3.

It seems that my waxing is getting faster which i expected with practice (i really struggled with timing in college) but my nail treatments are getting longer lol and i was fine with my timings on these in college.

Does anyone have any tips on how to speed myself up or is this something that is going to take time. I think the main problem is being in someone elses house and perhaps i take too much stuff with me.

Any suggestions are much appreciated x

I know how you feel hun, i did two luxury manicures and with the set-up and clean down it took me 4.5hrs! lol! she is my boss and she just keep talking and then answering the phone and then turning the oven on - just a nightmare! lol, i would be a bit stricter next time and try and direct the treatment more it was my first mobile one and i think i was a bit intimidated by it all!:green: but i wanted to do a good job!

phew thank god for that.....i thought it was just me i mean i know i can be a bit of a faffer but i thought i had got past my initial panick mode that i had with my first few clients - running round like a headless chicken trying to think what i needed..lol....i guess it depends on the client and whether they make you feel relaxed....i think my problem is i talk too much and that slows me down.....well it definitely makes me feel better knowing other people have the same worries - thanks guys x

My tip is to ensure you are just taking what you need, i used to lug around everything all in different boxes, yes it looks nice but if you can condense it to just the stuff you need your only taking in one box for the treatments instead of one for waxing, one for nails, one for facials etc. Make sure bottles are small (buy big ones but buy the smallest size too and keep filling up to save money). I have a client who has waxing, then manicure and then pedicure. Nightmare, i do the waxing (warm wax up at home) then pack my couch etc away and take it to my car, usually while a nice cupa tea is being made for me and pack stuff up as you are going along. It takes time but after a year i feel i am getting there now with out being a sweaty mess :)

My tip is to ensure you are just taking what you need, i used to lug around everything all in different boxes, yes it looks nice but if you can condense it to just the stuff you need your only taking in one box for the treatments instead of one for waxing, one for nails, one for facials etc. Make sure bottles are small (buy big ones but buy the smallest size too and keep filling up to save money). I have a client who has waxing, then manicure and then pedicure. Nightmare, i do the waxing (warm wax up at home) then pack my couch etc away and take it to my car, usually while a nice cupa tea is being made for me and pack stuff up as you are going along. It takes time but after a year i feel i am getting there now with out being a sweaty mess :)

lol - this is me - sweating like nobodys business while trying to look like i'm totally in control....if i don't end up with a back injury out of this then god help me - i have thought about the one box for all....i need to buy another box though as i wouldn't dare mix my boxes in case i turned up at a clients without the correct stuff lol.....its on my to-do list along with about a million other things...thats a good idea to put some things away before - saves your back at the end.....i just feel like time slips away and i don't know where its gone!!

I recently started renting in a hair salon after being mobile for about 2 years...
Can't get over how much easier it is!!

Absolutely take smaller bottles of product. Condense your kits so that you are not overloaded with things to unpack, repack and carry.

Try to have everything ready to use so that you don't have to stop and start and keep your bag/box close so that you can pack things away as you go along.

Talk to the hand, foot or whatever body part you are working on... stops you from slowing down.

Unfortunately when a client is in their own home they take your time less seriously. They will answer the phone or want to just pop off do something... sometimes even want to stop for a smoke :lol:
You can't really do much about that.... But doing the above can help to keep you on track.

It will get easier.

HiI

I am also mobile and some things can take longer to do as every client is different and there needs are too,

I also dont put timings on my leaflets no need really you can breathe a bit more when your mobile as your not on commision etc like in a salon, I always ensure I give my clients quality time and I certainly dont rush, I always book my clients in appropriatly to give me anough time for consultations and travellng etc.

And I always carry everything I need with me why? you ask, well one night I only took what I needed and the client asked if she could have something else done, and guess what did,nt have what I needed LOST the cost of a treatment and felt embarrased I was,nt fully equipt so now everything goes with me in one big case,,,, better safe than sorry is my motto now.

HiI

And I always carry everything I need with me why? you ask, well one night I only took what I needed and the client asked if she could have something else done, and guess what did,nt have what I needed LOST the cost of a treatment and felt embarrased I was,nt fully equipt so now everything goes with me in one big case,,,, better safe than sorry is my motto now.

Ditto, totally agree, Ive got a client that normally just has natural enhancements,I went there the other week and she fancied a colour for a change..oh how did I feel when I had to tell her I didnt have my polishes on me:rolleyes:.Then I had someone wanting nail art when originally she just booked for french extensions, and I had to appologise and say I didnt have my nail art gear with me :rolleyes: .

I was so kicking myself as Im normally really organised.

Latest posts

Back