Mobile Waxing - do you impose a minimum spend?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millyspook

Reaction score
Hi

I am currently offering spray tanning and am thinking of doing a waxing course at college in September so that I can also offer this.

As I cannot do waxing on the same day as spray tanning, do any of you impose a minimum spend so that I make it worth my while travelling to a clients house. It would seem pointless if all they wanted was an eyebrow wax!

The way I think on it is that I would go out the house to earn the £15 for the tan so I stipulate that waxing or other treatments should come to a min of £15 for me to go to them.

Other than that I need the client to come to me.

hth

Cath

I agree with Cath, if you are making profit off the client in other ways then yes but if it's a 1 off eyebrow wax with a fair travel you could either charge for the travelling costs or have a minimum spend

Many mobile therapists have a minimum charge otherwise it wouldn't be worth their while for say one eyebrow wax. My minimum is £22

Although I am not Beauty, with hair my lowest Price is £8 which is enough to cover my time etc, just, I always have an extra charge of between £2 - £5 for clients slightly further afield. For Kids I charge £5 - £8, if its 2 from 1 family then I will do the child for £5 plus the cost of the other family member, so it will be £10 minimum if 2 children, if its for just 1 child then I charge £8. Hope that makes sense.

With other Beauty Therapists, Nail Techs etc.... I have noticed quite a few in my area that charge a minimum of £10 or £15, even if its just a Eyebrow wax at £6, some even charge extra for fuel on top of prices.

As well as minimum spend, perhaps you could offer free fuel costs to those in the same postcode area (if it's small enough) but fuel costs for those outside of it? I know a few people who do this.

I do a minimum £25 spend but take each case as it comes, I always ask where do you live? and if it's on route from where I am traveling to that week I will plan the journey so that I can go there on the way or way back from another clients. I have done loads of £20 or less treatments where the client then books £70 of treatments regularly after they have seen whether I am good or not, they may just be testing you out with a small treatment. My advise would be to put a minimum spend on the advertising but if someone calls you for a smaller appointment and it is near by consider fitting them into a day where it is convenient.

E.g I did a £20 wax the other day and now the client is having regular waxing and pedicures at £50

Latest posts

Back