Mobile- what do you charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
Hiya I am a mobile hair dresser I had a leaflet come through my door for another mobile hairdresser obviously in the area and I dont know how she would live on her prices - she was charging 10 pounds for a cut and blow dry , 30 pounds for full head highlights (including finish) to me this is ridiculously cheap and compared to my prices as well! Now I can't go putting my leaflets round the area because mine will look extortionate compared to hers lol

Just wondering what you all charged and what area of the uk you are from and if it makes a difference?

Xxx

IMO being mobile should be the same as going to a salon at least , price wise. I'm a beauty therapist but my prices are the same on average as the salons in my area. And then charge travel on top. X x

Im in the midlands and you can have a nose my prices on my website www.janeforbeshairandmakeup.co.uk

Those prices seem incredibly low by the time you have taken off petrol, products, tax etc doesnt seem alot left even for an hourly rate does their? xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Im in the midlands and you can have a nose my prices on my website www.janeforbeshairandmakeup.co.uk

Those prices seem incredibly low by the time you have taken off petrol, products, tax etc doesnt seem alot left even for an hourly rate does their? xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Love your logo with the scissors and the eye shadow applicator that ls clever! X

My prices...
c/bd £22
Wetcut £17
half head h/l from £45 inc c/bd
fullhead h/h from £55 inc c/bd
fhc roots £45 inc c/bd if regrowth is no more than 10 weeks then price increases
Im in Southampton and i think my colours are too cheap!!!

how do you guys, being mobile, manage to perform the skin allergy test? Given you would have to visit the client and incur expenses, do you charge for this?
A few years back there used to be a self test swab in a sachet for the clients to do themselves, do you use this sort of thing instead?

I do not charge for skin test, most people are already clients and colour is usually mentioned whilst having c/bd so i will do a skin test while there, if not already a client then i will go and do a consultation including skin test when i am in their area.

I do not charge for skin test either my prices are
W/c £20
CBd 25
Blow dry/set 15
Full head 40
Half head 30
( then I charge 5 for extra colour)
Re growth 30
All over semi 25
Then kids 5-10 pounds and gents 15
Colour is expensive nowadays too! I tend to use nxt colours now as you get more in a tube for less money and theres quite a wide selection
X

I'm up in Scotland.

CBD £15
Full Head Colour from £35 inc cbd
Full head foils from £55 inc cbd
T-bar foils from £25 inc cbd

For skin tests I go out to the client to do the full consultation - take my colour chart with me and take a couple of test cuttings to do incompatibility etc once I'm home. I just fit them in around another client or something else I'm doing that day.

The fudge colour range is great fab colour and 100 ml tube similar price to nxt You can get colour patches called colour start to test with xx

My most popular colour services prices.

Cut and style dry £18
Style dry £11
Tint regrowth £43
Fullhead tint £46
Partial foils £43
Tbar foils £47
Half head foils £51
Fullhead foils £56

prices include cut and blow dry

Im also mobile and have started using the company Alfaparf for all my colours and produce with tubes for colour £3.40 and when u have an account you get great free courses on everything from cutting, colours and business course.
Your prices seem grand someone going lower than that will not last long as they wont be making any money.
jxo

My prices are double if not more than a local salon. I think it's justified as I'm doing a service of convenience, I do it at a time that suits them and there's no need for them to have to move from home. My cbd starts at £20 regrowth colours start at £30 and do include a blowdry but not a cut, my cheapest is sets from £10 but that is because of lack of experience. I do have a 10% discount for group bookings of 5 or more people to be done at the same time at the same place that I advertise now and again.
That way I get the whole family to do, a huge advertisement for m, 5 people stand out more than 1, plus I end up earning a bit more as its no traveling time no waiting when colours develop etc... Xoxo

My prices are double if not more than a local salon. I think it's justified as I'm doing a service of convenience, I do it at a time that suits them and there's no need for them to have to move from home. My cbd starts at £20 regrowth colours start at £30 and do include a blowdry but not a cut, my cheapest is sets from £10 but that is because of lack of experience. I do have a 10% discount for group bookings of 5 or more people to be done at the same time at the same place that I advertise now and again.
That way I get the whole family to do, a huge advertisement for m, 5 people stand out more than 1, plus I end up earning a bit more as its no traveling time no waiting when colours develop etc... Xoxo

the 10% discount for group bookings sounds great, think i might be copying this one! im currently 15 cbd, 20 restyle, 35-40 full head, 25 regrowth, 40-55 full head foil, 35 half head foil, 30 t-bar, hair up from 15, curls 15 x

the 10% discount for group bookings sounds great, think i might be copying this one! im currently 15 cbd, 20 restyle, 35-40 full head, 25 regrowth, 40-55 full head foil, 35 half head foil, 30 t-bar, hair up from 15, curls 15 x

Go for it, think of the time wasted waiting for a colour to develop, that was my inspiration, ooh I can do a cut an blowdry in that space if I was in a salon and could earn up to an extra £35, then noticed I did different people at te same house on different days, so a little organising from them and they even save off their usual bill.
Best thing I did was I put from before every price, that way the customer see's the lowest price, but I can tailor it to their hair so extra thick hair having a colour will be charged more than normal, then I get my older clients with thinner hair get a discount.

I'm looking to going to further afield nursing homes one day to offer free sets and makeovers to win over clients, and potentially end up spending a day there doing a fair number of the residents. I know it's a loss of earnings for a few hours, but it's worth it if I get 2 in 10 residents as regular clients xoxo

Latest posts

Back