Moisturiser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
I am hoping some of you skin geeks can help me out. I cleanse, tone with out problem on my face but as soon as I put my moisturiser on it is almost shiney and glossy. what am I doing incorrectly? Help is appreciated as I have tried diffrent skin care products but find the same results

Hi :)
What type of moisturiser are you using? Cream, lotion? how much do you apply and how often? Do you know what your skin type is?

Lots of info will help. :hug:

hi

I am using almay for sensitve skin. It actually dosnt say if it is a cream or lotion. it looks like cream but I would say with a more water content if that makes sense? I have a sensitve skin. My cheeks are basicly always red like a robot. lol. I cleans tone, mosiurise twice a day - morning and evening.

Maybe you should try a fluid instead of a rich cream, as fluids are lighter. Try only applying a small amount, maybe just on the places that need it, like your cheeks. HTH

Maybe you should try a fluid instead of a rich cream, as fluids are lighter. Try only applying a small amount, maybe just on the places that need it, like your cheeks. HTH

Just what I was going to say!!:)

Great minds debs, great minds! :D

I am hoping some of you skin geeks can help me out. I cleanse, tone with out problem on my face but as soon as I put my moisturiser on it is almost shiney and glossy. what am I doing incorrectly? Help is appreciated as I have tried diffrent skin care products but find the same results

The only advice we can give is to tell you to go to your local salon and have a therapist LOOK at your skin! After a thorough consultation she will be able to advise you on what to do with your skin and which products will suit you.

HTH xx:green:

thanx everyone

Maybe it is the moisturiser you are using? In my case, I used to have the same problem with my moisturiser being shiny, glossy, and feeling really heavy on my skin. I haven't had any experience with Almay before so I have no clue if it is good or not. Each skin type is different, but for my skin I use either Ella Bache Emulsion Tomate (Smells great, is VERY lightweight and doesn't leave a shine, good under makeup) or Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturiser (Takes a while to actually soak in, but is also very lightweight and leaves minimal shine). If you have combination oily skin and/or do not like a heavy moisturiser, then I would strongly recommend these two :green:

Latest posts

Back