Monomer bottle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary1981

Reaction score
Hi everyone, does anyone have any ideas what i can transfer my monomer into, the bottle i had with my kit has started leaking aroung the lid and keeps getting everywhere. i try and make sure its upright but the slightest tilt and it leaks again. I cant keep the bottle in a plastic bag cos it just melts lol! As im training i am taking it back and forth to college and to friends houses etc for practise so i do have to move it about a it. Just didnt know what kind of bottle i can put it into safely.
Thanks xx

Hi everyone, does anyone have any ideas what i can transfer my monomer into, the bottle i had with my kit has started leaking aroung the lid and keeps getting everywhere. i try and make sure its upright but the slightest tilt and it leaks again. I cant keep the bottle in a plastic bag cos it just melts lol! As im training i am taking it back and forth to college and to friends houses etc for practise so i do have to move it about a it. Just didnt know what kind of bottle i can put it into safely.
Thanks xx

I think I would be asking for a replacement tbh

Take every scrap of tinfoil and plastic off that was around the top of the bottle when you bought it. You've maybe only punctured it and removed some. Once you take everything off, it should be ok, but I'd still try to keep it upright. This was happening to me too at first. If this doesn't solve it (or you've already done this), then speak to your supplier.

If it's a big bottle, try to get a smaller empty bottle (of the same type!) so that you can decant your monomer into it whenever the small one gets empty. This stops evaporation when you open up a big bottle every time you need more in your dappen dish.

Take every scrap of tinfoil and plastic off that was around the top of the bottle when you bought it. You've maybe only punctured it and removed some. Once you take everything off, it should be ok, but I'd still try to keep it upright. This was happening to me too at first. If this doesn't solve it (or you've already done this), then speak to your supplier.

If it's a big bottle, try to get a smaller empty bottle (of the same type!) so that you can decant your monomer into it whenever the small one gets empty. This stops evaporation when you open up a big bottle every time you need more in your dappen dish.

thanks for that advice, i have taken the little piece of that foil from the inside cap off and it seems to have helped i think. Its only a smallish bottle so i will be needing some more in the next few weeks so the advice about the larger bottles is helpful thankyou.
Just been at college tonight and have a longish set of nails on one hand now from one of the girls practising on me so typing is hard lol!! please excuse any typos :)
xxx

No problem, hope it works.
Know what you mean about the typing, sometimes I've got about 3 different lengths on, and when I had about 6 different patterns of Minx on at the one time I really got some funny looks LOL

Hi

I use a menda purity liquid pump for my monomer. They are great to use! I have never had problems with it!!

Do a google search on menda purity pump

Some salon suppliers should have them or you can order online.

Hope this helps
x x

Latest posts

Back