Monomer pump...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brookeolenar

Reaction score
I noticed some nail techs (my friends) use a monomer pump but i always thought that would not be safe because wouldnt the monomer that the brush didnt get go back in the bottle they always taguht me to use a dappen dish..

The pump iv got for my polish ,when you pump it the liquid stays in the top ,dont go back in the bottle.With the monomer i use a dish.Hope this helps.
xxsandraxx

The pump iv got for my polish ,when you pump it the liquid stays in the top ,dont go back in the bottle.With the monomer i use a dish.Hope this helps.
xxsandraxx

Well if that monomer pump is anything like the one i had for my acetone...i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole cos it spits! lol

If you have a pump specifically for monomer (which are available) then you should be ok, however, to be on the safe side it would be better to have a dappen dish of some kind to make sure that none leaks back in to the unused liquid and contaminates it.

a proper monomer pump has a non return valve in it so that liquid cant get back into the container.
beware of using anything that is not purpose made for this use.

I use one in exibitions... and it has a non return valve.
so I can tell you it's cool. but when I'm not on stage I use a dappen... don't really know why but I'm used to that now!!

as it's been said, as long as you have something that was made for the use, it's ok. unless, don't buy it

I know CND educators in the US do not recommend using a pump for monomer. The reason is that even though it may or may not leak back into the container it does evaporate faster than keeping it in the original bottle thus altering the chemistry and could cause service breakdown. It is also recommended that you fill your dappen dish from smaller monomer container. i keep the 4oz. bottles in my station and refill those when needed from the larger bottles. That way I try to keep evaporation to a minimum.

Mastiffmom
CND Grand Master

Monomer pumps make HUGE amounts of odour in the work space too.

I used to use a monomer pump many years ago before I learned smarter ways of working to minimise odour.

The Dappen dishes you buy should always have a cover and be covered when not in use.

I agree with Geeg, you have no way of stopping the smell etc, so i prefer a dish which has a lid.

I use the EZ Flow dish which is a heavy container and has a cork top to it.

Latest posts

Back