Monthly newsletter???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score
Hi All
I was just wondering does anyone do a monthly newsletter?
I have been thinking about this for quite a while as I do monthly special offers.
If you do;
  • what do you include?
  • do you write them on an a4, a3, or postcard?
  • do you have much feedback from it?
  • do you make them yourself or get them done at the printers?

Do you think it is worth while doing or am I just making more work and expense for myself?

Thanks in advance for all/any replys in advance!

Emma x:hug:

Hi Emma

A newsletter is a great way to keep in contact with your customers! Most customers will leave beacuse they forgot about you more than any other reason.

AND, if you do monthly specials, all the better! Let everyone know about them.

The best way I have found is to do a 2 sided A4 sheet that I make up in Word and photocopy. Get them printed if that works out cheaper. Clients don't worry so much how your newsletters look, more-so, the are asking what's in it for them!

Include news about the salon, your family, staff, the cat, new products or services...anything 'newsy'. Add in some hints and tips - you'll sound like an instant expert, and a special deal or two.

Clients LOVE the regular contact, especially if it's not ALL sales pitch.

I send my newsletter to everyone on my clients base - even if they havn't been in for ages. Chances are, if they wake up and decide they need their eyebrows done for a special occassion, or they might have seen something on TV or whatever, they will call you because they just got your newsletter the other week...

Clients DO read them- every word! Good luck :)

I have done a newsletter for a while now and have just recently gone from paper to email only.
I save a lot of time and effort and expense by doing this. Before I used to print it off, write all the envelopes, fold it, lick the envelope, put a stamp on,etc, etc.
I didn't get much response from it, perhaps 3 clients out of 70 would acknowledge receiving it.

Since I've been doing it by email, I've had a much better response.

It is important to be chatty and informative as well as including special offers, new treatments and things like summer holiday dates. I also include a profile on a treatment, explaining it in more detail.

Thank you both very much, lots of great tips and ideas,

Hi All
I was just wondering does anyone do a monthly newsletter?
I have been thinking about this for quite a while as I do monthly special offers.

If you do;
  • what do you include?
  • do you write them on an a4, a3, or postcard?
  • do you have much feedback from it?
  • do you make them yourself or get them done at the printers?
Do you think it is worth while doing or am I just making more work and expense for myself?

Thanks in advance for all/any replys in advance!

Emma I haven't read all replies but the salon I use does do newsletters although I think they are bi-mothly (maybe even quarterly)... the BEST thing they do which I persoanlly love... is the text messaging of their deals!! I think that gives them far more feedback than the newsletter. Just a thought and apologies if someone has mentioned this! :!:

Worth noting that if you use your customer records to send newsletter, you may have to notify the Data Protection commissioner......especially if you send them by email.

Here is a recent thread on it.......I think the best thing to do is use the link in the thread to check your personal situation and then you will know.

http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/74049-data-protection-act.html

Sooooo much red tape nowadays :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back