More tanning advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychick

Reaction score
Good morning Geeks!

I'm back looking for help! I decided to go with the LA tanning starter deal and cant wait till it arrives :green: !
Can anyone help me with how much I should charge people when I'm just starting out (I have loads of friends volunteering their bodies!)? I was discussing this with my nail tech who says she would never do anyone for free or mega cheap as its hard to go back on your previous price....what do you think?
Also, can anyone advise on UK companies who I can contact for samples....(just searched a couple of companies I had written down only to find they were in Australia & USA :lol:!)....and what you find to be your favourite solutions/companies that offer good service and aftercare as I've only dealt with fake bake so far.

All advice greatly appreciated as always.

Baby C x

I have not long trained with sienna x and i have offered a group off my friends there first tan for £10 as they ave not tried sienna before and its practise for me then after that i will be charging my friends and others £15 as thats what the salon i work in charge.

Sienna x is uk based just google it hun they get somes samples to u.
xxxx:hug:

hi there everyone i asked for samples like suntana, tantrick, and a few other all sent samples. tantrick were best for samples sent me quite a few then another few weeks later and wanted to know how i got on very good customer service. as for charging i charge £15 just be careful with friend they can take the mick if you do it for free then they want it all time for free lol depending on the friends. i havebeen using tan truth at the moment as well which my friend loves and is good to practise with as not expensive

hi i use LA Tan an i've only be going abot a month so everything is still very new but la tan have been great an the offers they have are fab also,:lol:

salons around me are charging anything from £10-£25 an mobile £10-£20 so i've priced myself at £15 (i'm mobile) after i did my training i done 3 free everyone else i started at £15 an they've turned out be regular customers i think if you do too many free and cheap you may find it hard to increase your price :lol: good luck with it :lol: x x

hi,have t aggree wit cezziebar, i also love the la tan , their solutions are great and also quite cheap(buy a litre ,get one free etc. ) im in ireland and i priced the local salons for the prices of their spray tans and i couldnt believe what they are charging . one was 40.00 euro ,the 2 other ones were charging 35 euro so i went with 30 euro also giving myself room to move with offers of 25 euro.and with that i still make a sustantial profit .

Good morning Geeks!

I'm back looking for help! I decided to go with the LA tanning starter deal and cant wait till it arrives :green: !
Can anyone help me with how much I should charge people when I'm just starting out (I have loads of friends volunteering their bodies!)? I was discussing this with my nail tech who says she would never do anyone for free or mega cheap as its hard to go back on your previous price....what do you think?
Also, can anyone advise on UK companies who I can contact for samples....(just searched a couple of companies I had written down only to find they were in Australia & USA :lol:!)....and what you find to be your favourite solutions/companies that offer good service and aftercare as I've only dealt with fake bake so far.

All advice greatly appreciated as always.

Baby C x

Unfortunately the site rules don't like us talking about specific amounts charged....treatment costs for spray tanning should run at no more than 10% of the solution costs so offers great potential to those that provide this service.

In terms of samples...well google spray tan or hit the search button top right of the screen and there is a multitude of companies that will happily send out samples...some charge for this although most don't.

Good luck with your business :hug:

Whoops! Sorry all.....I didnt realise that prices shouldnt be talked about!:rolleyes: That's my own fault as I didnt even realise there was rules - computers are not my strong point and its taken me a while to get used to the site.....obviously still got a bit to learn! x

Thanx for your help everyone & good luck on your new ventures cezziebear & weeleelee as you're in the same boat as me!
Baby C x

ooops!didin know about that collin:eek:....anyway babychick i only just have started out working from home this week. what i did the past few weeks is offererd my friends half price tans so i could get practise in, . i texted al my friends the same text sayins .hi girls im offering half price tans on sat . gloat about the new amazing tan you just got in and tell them its for one day only .( do more but dont tel them that ha ha ),. not only do you get tons of practice in but they will be a walking advertisement for you . . let them no after they get their tan that they can have 5 euro off their next tan as they texted you back for their tan s . get them addicted .hope this helps :):)

I charge £20 for a full body tan, some techs in my area charge less than this but me and my clients are happy with this amount (it also leaves room for the occasional special offer!)

xx

Latest posts

Back