Morgan Taylor matching shades for Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lores

Reaction score
Hello,
Just a quick one, probably loads of you know this already, but I see Morgan Taylor have lots of matching shades for Gelish if any of you geeks are interested. I have a picture I can post on here later which shows the names.

x

That would be fab thanks :)

I'm just ordering gelish so this would ge great to have.
Do you buy Morgan Taylor from tge Harmony website too?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That would be fab thanks :)

I'm just ordering gelish so this would ge great to have.
Do you buy Morgan Taylor from tge Harmony website too?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Morgan Taylor is from louella belle, I'd like to see the list as I've only seen the artistic matches, making me think it's all the same really! Not sure the point of all that jazz really!!

Ok, I have attached. Not sure how good the matches actually are as I do not use Gelish (only shellac) and I hope you can read them clearly enough. Hope it's useful for those of you who have not seen this.
I think the Morgan Taylor polishes are lovely.

cheers x

Attachments

• mtgel1.jpg
    mtgel1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 2,499
Thank you I love morgan Taylor polish night order one of the less obvious ones ie black is black really but be loves me not is probably trickier to match. Fab thank you x

I thought All That Jazz were going to be matching the colours... Im sure I heard that on fb

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I thought All That Jazz were going to be matching the colours... Im sure I heard that on fb

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah they're going to be matching some of the colours x

Where on the Louella Belle site are these colour matches please? x

Where on the Louella Belle site are these colour matches please? x

The Gelish ones won't be on Louela Belle as they do not sell Gelish, only Artistic Colour Gloss. So all you will see are the Morgan Taylor polishes
Hth x

Sent from my HTC Desire X using SalonGeek mobile app

I must say that Morgan Taylor polishes look lovely, really nice colours so how do any of you find them to apply, and longevity etc.

I must say that Morgan Taylor polishes look lovely, really nice colours so how do any of you find them to apply, and longevity etc.

I find the bottles nice to hold, lovely to use, good brush too. I find them good but can't say I use often enough to review too well. however I have it on my toes now and everyone loves it and not a chip in sight. Good pigment, great range, no faults from me so far :)

I find the bottles nice to hold, lovely to use, good brush too. I find them good but can't say I use often enough to review too well. however I have it on my toes now and everyone loves it and not a chip in sight. Good pigment, great range, no faults from me so far :)
Thanks, might have to try them myself. I use Gelish and Artistic colour gloss so would be nice if some colours match x

Hello,
Just a quick one, probably loads of you know this already, but I see Morgan Taylor have lots of matching shades for Gelish if any of you geeks are interested. I have a picture I can post on here later which shows the names.

x

This would really make sense that the polishes match the Gelish colours as one of them (Morgan or Taylor not sure which one) is Danny Haile's (founder & CEO of Harmony) daughter.

Anymore on Morgan Taylor Polishes matching Gelish Gel Polish?

Sorry to say but the Morgan Taylor bottles look more professional than the All That Jazz bottles....well, to my age of clients!

Anymore on Morgan Taylor Polishes matching Gelish Gel Polish?

Sorry to say but the Morgan Taylor bottles look more professional than the All That Jazz bottles....well, to my age of clients!

I really like the Morgan Taylor polishes... HOWEVER... they tend to thicken up quickly and I'm finding I have to add nail polish thinner to them.

RANT: And, as a nail tech that has loyally bought Gelish for years I'm irritated that Gelish gel didn't come out with a matching polish line. I have hundreds of Gelish colors and have disappointed my "matchy-matchy" clients by only being able to come close to the gel color with the nail polish for their toes. I know that when I come close it's good enough, imo, but you know matchy clients :irked: who are so O.C.D. that they have to have the PERFECT match or they aren't 120% happy! So, to make it easier on myself and avoid the eventual quibbling with my client over which red matches the red gel polish they're going to use, having the exact match from the company would be nice. Less time lost, less irritation all around. BUT, no. Gelish wasn't in any hurry to make matching nail lacquer colors for their gel polishes. Meanwhile, OPI has been on the job doing that for years. Why did I decide to go with Gelish gel again? Hmmm, I forget.

Then, Morgan Taylor polishes were announced and I was under the impression Morgan Taylor was the answer to the matching nail polish dilemma for my Gelish gels. BUT, no. I kept checking online to find matching swatches, etc, and was met with this statement on the Gelish website...

"Gelish Soak Off Gel Polish does not have a color matching nail lacquer line. Many of our sister company Morgan Taylor nail lacquers do match our Gelish colors. However, they do not share the same names"

...So, not only does Gelish continue to NOT have a matching nail polish line, the "sister" company cannot use the same names for the polishes they create that DO match Gelish gels. So I have to find out that information via a lengthy online search. Are you kidding me? I find this not only hair-pulling-out-frustrating, but, in a way, unprofessional of Gelish. OPI has been pumping out nail polishes and matching gels (with the same names) for YEARS. What a helpful and easy system, don't you think?

Well, color me annoyed! Maybe OPI is the answer. I have a lot of OPI nail polishes, now I just need to spend a small fortune buying the matching gel shades. :grr:

Thank you for listening.

I really like the Morgan Taylor polishes... HOWEVER... they tend to thicken up quickly and I'm finding I have to add nail polish thinner to them.

RANT: And, as a nail tech that has loyally bought Gelish for years I'm irritated that Gelish gel didn't come out with a matching polish line. I have hundreds of Gelish colors and have disappointed my "matchy-matchy" clients by only being able to come close to the gel color with the nail polish for their toes. I know that when I come close it's good enough, imo, but you know matchy clients :irked: who are so O.C.D. that they have to have the PERFECT match or they aren't 120% happy! So, to make it easier on myself and avoid the eventual quibbling with my client over which red matches the red gel polish they're going to use, having the exact match from the company would be nice. Less time lost, less irritation all around. BUT, no. Gelish wasn't in any hurry to make matching nail lacquer colors for their gel polishes. Meanwhile, OPI has been on the job doing that for years. Why did I decide to go with Gelish gel again? Hmmm, I forget.

Then, Morgan Taylor polishes were announced and I was under the impression Morgan Taylor was the answer to the matching nail polish dilemma for my Gelish gels. BUT, no. I kept checking online to find matching swatches, etc, and was met with this statement on the Gelish website...

"Gelish Soak Off Gel Polish does not have a color matching nail lacquer line. Many of our sister company Morgan Taylor nail lacquers do match our Gelish colors. However, they do not share the same names"

...So, not only does Gelish continue to NOT have a matching nail polish line, the "sister" company cannot use the same names for the polishes they create that DO match Gelish gels. So I have to find out that information via a lengthy online search. Are you kidding me? I find this not only hair-pulling-out-frustrating, but, in a way, unprofessional of Gelish. OPI has been pumping out nail polishes and matching gels (with the same names) for YEARS. What a helpful and easy system, don't you think?

Well, color me annoyed! Maybe OPI is the answer. I have a lot of OPI nail polishes, now I just need to spend a small fortune buying the matching gel shades. :grr:

Thank you for listening.

I totally agree with every thing you said, especially the names not matching.....such a pain in the arse.

I am also annoyed that I missed Le Chat - Perfect Match at Olympia as I am hearing good things about them, especially their Black which in Gelish needs too many coats.

I know what you mean! I had to put 6 layers of black Gelish on a client to get the coverage she wanted. And that was even after shaking and rolling the darn bottle repeatedly! You are supposed to only need to do 3 coats, maximum, but I would regularly have to do 4 or more so I gave up and bought a different black gel. And guess what? It gives better coverage in 1 coat than Gelish black did in 4! I forget the brand name but I'm buying another bottle!

Sent from my HP 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know what you mean! I had to put 6 layers of black Gelish on a client to get the coverage she wanted. And that was even after shaking and rolling the darn bottle repeatedly! You are supposed to only need to do 3 coats, maximum, but I would regularly have to do 4 or more so I gave up and bought a different black gel. And guess what? It gives better coverage in 1 coat than Gelish black did in 4! I forget the brand name but I'm buying another bottle!

Ohh, do let me know the name of that Black you mention?

Yes, I will let you know when I go into work again, I have taken a few days off ;-)

Ohh, do let me know the name of that Black you mention?

OK, the black gel I bought is Black Cream by Nobility... see the pic. I bought it at Allure Nail Supply. They are online but I don't think they show every brand on their online store.

Sent from my XT1031 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1412786294109.jpg
    1412786294109.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 93

Latest posts

Back