Morning sickness tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamanthaA

Reaction score
Does anyone have any that REALLY work?
I can't handle this anymore it wasn't this bad in my last pregnancy and I said that was bad before.
My problem is I feel drunk, I can't stand or move to quickly and my nose is like a police dog (it was last time) I struggle to eat and drink, I didn't eat for over 24 hrs until this evening and sometimes I can't even talk without wanting to be ill or actually being, it also happens if the tv is too loud (which it isn't apparently its just me).

So if anyone can help with any of these horrible triggers that would be great :) I've done everything on the typical websites so I'm looking for old wives tales and herbal :)

You may have already tried this but anything with ginger especially Crystallized ginger, ginger biscuits or ginger ale. Xxx

I had hyperemesis gravidarum, I ended up a regular to the hospital to be rehydrated for 5 months For me ginger thin biscuits and mini cheddars....and it took hours to eat one, I sympathise, funnily enough it was only my middle pregnancy, other 2 were fine, all boys too.

Oh and I felt travel sickness bands helped.

You may have already tried this but anything with ginger especially Crystallized ginger, ginger biscuits or ginger ale. Xxx

Thank you, yes I have tried ginger much to my disgust, I hate the stuff x

I had hyperemesis gravidarum, I ended up a regular to the hospital to be rehydrated for 5 months For me ginger thin biscuits and mini cheddars....and it took hours to eat one, I sympathise, funnily enough it was only my middle pregnancy, other 2 were fine, all boys too.

How long did you leave it before you went to hospital? I had a bad pregnancy last time and when I told them after how I felt they said I should have gone in, so with this one I don't want to be over the top but also want help, I feel a drip is the way to go. As I loose more than I gain.

Oh and I felt travel sickness bands helped.

That's the only thing I haven't tried that's common, I will send my oh to buy me some ;)

Xx

You can get some little wrist bands that are used for travel sickness from chemists, and they are based around acupressure and are supposed to work by pressing a certain trigger point to stop the associated feelings,seemed to work for me (either that or the £10 price tag took my mind off it :biggrin:)
Bless you it's an awful thing to have to deal with , it put me off chocolate throughout my pregnancy !!!
Good luck hope you soon get through it x

I had that too. You poor thing! Only thing that helped me was taking little bites of bread. Oh and my doc put me on antacids 4 months into it which helped for some reason. I know how you feel--its aweful! Thats why I only had one child;)

I second the travel sickness bands. They worked for me. I had to keep taking them off just to check I still felt dizzy and sick! I couldn't believe how well they worked. I hope you find a solution x

Travel Sickness bands were brilliant for me. Best £8 I ever spent! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I dont really have any tips but wanted to say i feel for you, with my 2nd i suffered bad, ate my breakfast every morning threw it straight back up.

Youve mist probably tried it, but have you had a go at eating little an often? Mayb half a piece of toast? Then another half a little later?

Xoxo

How far on are you?

There is a name for it but can't think just now,

If you cannot keep anything down including water I think you should see your gp, they can give you anti sickness tablets
You need to be hydrated for baby xx

I swore by schweppes peppermint cordial. I used to have it hot or cold but it really did help the nausea. The nurses also reccommend it if you've had a c-section to combat trapped wind. The most important thing is that you don't get dehydrated so definitely try this. I also found sipping it through a straw helped too. Food wise, I used to nibble at sponge fingers (the crunchy oblong things you put at the bottom of trifles). They are dry so I found I could stomach those ok. It's worth seeing your GP or midwife though if the sickness is horrendous just to be on the safe side.
Hope you feel better soon and just think it will all be worth it in the end xxx

I am only 7 weeks :( last time it didn't start till after 12 weeks so I'm cr*pping it.
I have found my old wrist bands thank goodness I've had them on for about 10 minutes and there not working, how long does it take lol.

A midwife won't see me until my booking appointment in two weeks (I should be grateful as I didn't see and midwife in my last pregnancy she never had time for me I did everything my self and I am rhesus negative so lucky managed to sort all that out my self)
X

For me the only thing that helped was anything orange flavour. And bucket loads of water

Congratulations! ! Ice pops were the only thing that helped! X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Yuck and Yuck lol

I loved orange in my last pregnancy but I can't even stand the smell this time and as for ice pops all I can taste is the sweetner its bitter and nasty.
Thanks tho lady's x

Mints and hard boiled sweets, like those travel sweets that were dusted in icing sugar.... you used to get in tins, were the only thing that worked for me....and I had morning sickness and was physically sick, for 21 weeks with my daughter! The thought of Ginger made me instantly vomit! Oh and peppermint tea helped too ( now I can't stand the smell of it ). I just felt sick with my son..that started at 7 weeks but vanished at 12 weeks :)

I feel for you honey. My gp gave me some pils don't know the name since ot was almosy 5 years ago, but they specially for morning sickness and they have helped me big time. Just ask your gp!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

When I pg with my third, my sickness was really bad, whilst at the hospital I asked my consultant if there was anything I could do to try and ease it, he said to "suck on some ginger" ....I was sat next to my husband at the time,...who is ginger ,,,,,lol, we cracked up ,..just thought I would share that with you :) x

So glad to see this topic pop up! I'm 6 weeks pregnant this has been the worst week I found out 2 weeks ago and I have had nothing but the thought of sickness.. I don't feel as if I can eat or drink anything except water... Once I do eat I feel sick again I have only been sick once but the feeling in my tummy is horrible knowing I'm feeling sick think k would rather actually being sick !!

Mints and hard boiled sweets, like those travel sweets that were dusted in icing sugar.... you used to get in tins, were the only thing that worked for me....and I had morning sickness and was physically sick, for 21 weeks with my daughter! The thought of Ginger made me instantly vomit! Oh and peppermint tea helped too ( now I can't stand the smell of it ). I just felt sick with my son..that started at 7 weeks but vanished at 12 weeks :)

How silly of me not to think of hard boiled sweets... I suffer from motion sickness so all long journeys I suck sweets, I can't believe it didnt cross my mind thank you. As for mints nope :( it takes me about 10 attempts to brush my teeth Im thinking of buying a kids flavored toothpaste. Lol.

Latest posts

Back