Need a rant! I'm not one for Facebook posts, although I would love to!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hi Guys

So I need a rant and I'm sure a few of you guys will tell me off, I probably need it!

A few months ago a very sweet and innocent girl got sacked from my salon for gross misconduct.

* She stole (She and I were the only ones in the salon, so although I have a bit of CCTV I don't actually have footage of her taking the items, police have this all logged)
* She caused lots of issues with staff and clients by bitching and stirring unnessesary drama
* She has bad mouthed me to clients and spread rumours... Some of which were all put on Facebook. (I didn't react) Apparently I bullied her, I wouldn't give her holiday, wouldn't let her go on time. All of this my staff have witnessed & are not true.
Some clients have believed her and I'm pretty upset that I have clients - two maybe more I don't know of, I thought of as friends have also gone. (One was even crying on my shoulder 3 months ago due to a marriage breakup)

I just can't get my head around it.

Do they not believe me as she portrays herself so innocently? Is it because I'm busy and last minute clients cannot get in?
...or is it simply because they don't care?

I suppose I invest a lot of time into this and it all gets taken to heart. [emoji31]

Sadly business is business and people just take stuff on face value. Clients have no loyalty no matter how friendly you can become with them. Just one of those things. I'd just carry on as you are and brush it off. Drama dies with time.

Some people also enjoy drama & want it in their lives so much that they follow it, I wouldnt worry about the ones you have lost, they will move on again anyway xx

In business you need thick skin I’m afraid, the ability to shrug of random hurtful comments. It’s quite sad but true, that 90% of “friends”are there for their benefit and should the salon down the road offer £5 off they are the first in the que. you gotta put on a happy face while sticking 2 fingers up to them in your head. Look after yourself, brush off any nasty comments and smile and carry on as though none of it matters.

Latest posts

Back