Morning sickness tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad to see this topic pop up! I'm 6 weeks pregnant this has been the worst week I found out 2 weeks ago and I have had nothing but the thought of sickness.. I don't feel as if I can eat or drink anything except water... Once I do eat I feel sick again I have only been sick once but the feeling in my tummy is horrible knowing I'm feeling sick think k would rather actually being sick !!

Most of the time I want to be sick as it relieves the nausea for a little bit so I can do something.

I'm actually considering giving up advertising and just do my existing clients as I just can't cope with it :(

When I pg with my third, my sickness was really bad, whilst at the hospital I asked my consultant if there was anything I could do to try and ease it, he said to "suck on some ginger" ....I was sat next to my husband at the time,...who is ginger ,,,,,lol, we cracked up ,..just thought I would share that with you :) x

Haha how funny I Probably would have been sick thinking about it, I'm that bad lol.

Thank you all for your tips :) I'm going to go to my walk in centre as soon as I can get there as my doctors is an hours walk plus a 40 minute train I just can't do it without a full bucket... Yuck.

I have considered calling an ambulance many times but then I think I could be stopping someone who really needs it but I can't even book a cab as I'm frightened I will be sick in their car.

I hope I am a lucky one and it stops at 12 weeks or sooner as my last baby I was ill for at least 6 months of it.

X

Thank you all for your tips :) I'm going to go to my walk in centre as soon as I can get there as my doctors is an hours walk plus a 40 minute train I just can't do it without a full bucket... Yuck.

I have considered calling an ambulance many times but then I think I could be stopping someone who really needs it but I can't even book a cab as I'm frightened I will be sick in their car.

I hope I am a lucky one and it stops at 12 weeks or sooner as my last baby I was ill for at least 6 months of it.

X

I would change your dr's, it's not very practical that far away,

If you really feel ill enough to call an ambulance why don't you call nhs 24 and see a dr this weekend.

Please make sure you are drinking enough

I was told off my midwife to drink flat full fat coke:/ that was 10 years ago tho!!!

I remember morning sickness well :( like a lot of people said ice pops helped, I also nibbled on dry crackers.

And when it was really bad and I was laid on the bathroom floor I would console myself that morning sickness is linked to intelligent babies lol

Hope you feel better soon :) and remember it'll be worth it once your cuddling your gorgeous baby x

I would change your dr's, it's not very practical that far away,

If you really feel ill enough to call an ambulance why don't you call nhs 24 and see a dr this weekend.

Please make sure you are drinking enough

I am really trying but I just can't, if I drink I vomit most of the time, I can only drink at the right time if and when the time comes if you get what I mean.

I am moving away in 4 weeks so I will need to change doctors when I am there, which I am going to do after my booking appointment.

I think you should call nhs 24 and get an appointment for some anti sickness tablets if you can't even keep water down, youl end up dehydrated

What is Nhs 24? The walk in centre?

Out of hours dr, they are normally placed in hospitals, you call them explain your symptoms to operator they get a dr to call you back and they tell you where to go to be seen

You can't just turn up (well in Wales & Scotland)

Google it

Last edited:
I will thank you x

Yeah its just Scotland and Wales lol

You poor thing it's awful. I would ring the nhs direct line as the others day but be warned they will prob send u to hospital and if you have been sick for couple of days you may be admitted as will need fluids. Do not be worried about being sick in a taxi. U are pregnant not drunk just take some bags with you. Hope u get sorted soon xxxx

Yes it's NHS direct, sounds like hyperemesis to me, I had cyclizine from my consultant but if your not keeping anything down they will want to keep you in for regular anti sickness and rehydration, call NHS direct on 111, I know my local A&E has a bardoc - out of hours GP that you can phone and go and see, does your GP not have an out of hours service? xx

If its affecting you that much you need to be seen and get on some medication.
I was put on anti sickness medication after being admitted to hospital for dehydration

After hanging around all afternoon by the phone I finally have an appointment :)

You poor love, it's absolutely hideous... Had it with both of mine. Good luck with your appointment. I just found that eating a little and often really helped. Best of luck and annoy your lovely baby when it arrives! Xx

Does anyone have any that REALLY work?
I can't handle this anymore it wasn't this bad in my last pregnancy and I said that was bad before.
My problem is I feel drunk, I can't stand or move to quickly and my nose is like a police dog (it was last time) I struggle to eat and drink, I didn't eat for over 24 hrs until this evening and sometimes I can't even talk without wanting to be ill or actually being, it also happens if the tv is too loud (which it isn't apparently its just me).

So if anyone can help with any of these horrible triggers that would be great :) I've done everything on the typical websites so I'm looking for old wives tales and herbal :)

I am now 6 and a half months, the first 4 months were so horrendous, it was all day and all night, if I moved I either felt or I was sick, I was no way as bad with my first pregnancy. Even the smell of the oven heating up this time (without food in it) would make me heave, my nose was so sensitive too. There is not much that helps, I found cold coca cola, fizzy (but not too fizzy :-/) water, sesame seeds (sounds so disgusting but it works, I went to the pharmacy ..i live in Italy..and they said its good for morning sickness) I put them in lemon and ginger tea, cola or orange ice lollies were good and also I wore travel sickness bands on both wrists constantly. Best of luck my lovely, it will hopefully ease off soon, I really suffered with it and still do a bit at night, antiacid pills are my best friend at the moment. It will all be worth it but for sure the sickness thing really takes the shine off...

Thank you ladies x

I just got back from the Dr and what a complete waste of time that was. He told me everything I already know and said I'm heading down a bad road with dehydration and I need to drink. I said I know but I can't keep it in and I asked for tablets and he said not really I should wait a few more days.

Latest posts

Back