Moroccan Tan aftercare products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minkeybox

Reaction score
Hi geekies

I am in the process of switching from Sienna X to Moroccan Tan. I usually give sachets of Sienna X body balm, body wash & scrub as part of the aftercare but MT doesn't do sachets of products (not that I can find anyhow) so until my stock of sachets has gone I was still going to give the Sienna X ones with the Moroccan tan. (about 10 tans worth)

Would Sienna X products work with a Moroccan spray tan? Is there anything in them that would strip the tan out? From what I understand MT has to be washed off with plain, warm water and the tan continues to develop for another 10 hours or so, so would I need to advise clients not to use anything on their skin for the remaining development time?

Also, I was thinking of including one of the 80ml Moroccan Glow 2in1 extender & gradual tan in place of the Sienna X sachets, is this intended as an aftercare product or is it a self tan in place of a spray tan? I have samples of the solutions & a few of the aftercare products coming next week but just wondered what ppl that currently use/retail it suggest. xx

Hi! I was thinking of switching to moroccan tan too.. I would love to hear your feedback on the products! X

Me too see it says 2hour on solution is that all it takes ? Is it green based ? Any info be great x

Hi geekies

I am in the process of switching from Sienna X to Moroccan Tan. I usually give sachets of Sienna X body balm, body wash & scrub as part of the aftercare but MT doesn't do sachets of products (not that I can find anyhow) so until my stock of sachets has gone I was still going to give the Sienna X ones with the Moroccan tan. (about 10 tans worth)

Would Sienna X products work with a Moroccan spray tan? Is there anything in them that would strip the tan out? From what I understand MT has to be washed off with plain, warm water and the tan continues to develop for another 10 hours or so, so would I need to advise clients not to use anything on their skin for the remaining development time?

Also, I was thinking of including one of the 80ml Moroccan Glow 2in1 extender & gradual tan in place of the Sienna X sachets, is this intended as an aftercare product or is it a self tan in place of a spray tan? I have samples of the solutions & a few of the aftercare products coming next week but just wondered what ppl that currently use/retail it suggest. xx

Good Afternoon :) Thank you for your interest in Moroccan Tan! As it just so happens we will be launching sachets at the Manchester show this September. The body wash and scrub shouldn't cause any issues when using in conjunction with Moroccan Tan. That initial rinse off should always be plain warm water; no soaps or body washes are to be used. The Moroccan Tan Glow is an aftercare product, it can be used as a subtle gradual tanner on its own, or it can be used as a tan extender to prolong the life of your Moroccan Tan. :)

MT x

Me too see it says 2hour on solution is that all it takes ? Is it green based ? Any info be great x

Hi Lisa,

We have two collections at Moroccan Tan. The white bottles are part of the Original Collection; these are all green based 2 Hour Tans. This means you can shower at a minimum time of 2 hours after application, while the tan will continue to develop through until the next day. We also have the Exotic Collection; these are in the black bottles and are violet based rapid tans. The green base is suitable for all skin types and develops into warm, chocolate tones while the violet base develops into a cool, ashy tone and is suitable for those who already have an olive base or have yellow tones in their skin they are wanting to counteract.

MT x

Fab! Thanks for your reply MoroccanTan :)

I'm so glad you are bringing out the sachets, I can carry on with my aftercare packs which my clients really seem to appreciate!
I'm an Essex geek, so wont be at the Manchester show, can you tell me when they will be available to buy at SweetSquared or Salon Services? Also, I was after some branded aftercare leaflets- any plans to bring these out?

Monika I have used the 8% on myself and a friend and love the 2 hour wash off time! It was a beautiful brown colour, not orange or golden like Sienna X and had a really good fade off. There's not the usual fake tan smell, it isn't as overpowering especially if spraying in a small space. I have just tried 14% on myself & tbh it looks a bit ridiculous on my pure white skin, but I wouldn't normally use a 14%, I was sent a sample bottle and curiosity got the better of me lol!

My delivery should be here tomorrow with the solutions, the exfoliating scrub and the 2in1 extender so I can have a play with them! xx

I'm so glad you are bringing out the sachets, I can carry on with my aftercare packs which my clients really seem to appreciate!
I'm an Essex geek, so wont be at the Manchester show, can you tell me when they will be available to buy at SweetSquared or Salon Services? Also, I was after some branded aftercare leaflets- any plans to bring these out?

Monika I have used the 8% on myself and a friend and love the 2 hour wash off time! It was a beautiful brown colour, not orange or golden like Sienna X and had a really good fade off. There's not the usual fake tan smell, it isn't as overpowering especially if spraying in a small space. I have just tried 14% on myself & tbh it looks a bit ridiculous on my pure white skin, but I wouldn't normally use a 14%, I was sent a sample bottle and curiosity got the better of me lol!

My delivery should be here tomorrow with the solutions, the exfoliating scrub and the 2in1 extender so I can have a play with them! xx

Glad to be of service! September will be the launch of the sachets they will be available at Sweet Squared at that time as well. We do have Loyalty cards available that display Pre and Post Spray Tan care tips if you were interested! The card also features a loyalty program.

MT x

I use MT in the salon and I love it :)

My top retail items are the 2 in 1 extender and 3 in 1 moose, You can use these on their own , or to prolong the life of your spray tan :) They're a moisturizer with gradual tan build into them so are great for clients going on holidays who are going to be in a pool etc. Clients choose what medium they prefer, the moose or the lotion, they don't really care about anti aging and firming properties of Rose Hip Oil the you have in the 3 in 1.

I personally think giving away the 80m size version of the 2 in 1 extender is very generous, you would have to build this into your price. I personally would only retail these as a travel friendly sized product for those traveling with hand luggage.

I do sell a few of the tanning mooses to clients who like the spray tan but want something to apply themselves at home, the tan lotion is not very popular, but the spray version is, i mainly give this to clients whose legs don't tan easily , they can give them another quick spray the next morning, you don't need any mitt, you just spray in on and leave it dry in, and it develops in 3-5 hours so they can have darker legs.

Thankyou for your reply so you wash off after 2 hours no matter what % you've used ? Do you have to wash off after 2 hrs ? X

Thanks Noreen :) (I don't know how to quote when replying yet!)

I built the cost of my aftercare packs into the tan price so they are covered, but I did think that the 80ml was a bit generous, it was more expensive than 3-4 sachets and I would imagine that the tube lasts quite a while! I was only really considering it as I couldn't find sachets like I have now and I wanted to keep everything the same brand. I am so happy to hear they are being released <3

I have been using my 2in1 extender since yesterday, and its gorgeous! Its not too wet or runny and really sinks in leaving my skin soo soft! I'm glad I bought some to try as I will carry a tester one round with me for ppl to try, I can imagine its a good seller as it is really nice. I'm just waiting for details of the rrps from S2 and I will prob order in more. I also got an email today to say that a MT therapist locator is being created, I will call S2, but any ideas if you would need to train with MT to be included on the locator, or would a cert and proof of purchasing the products be enough?

Lisa, Its 2-4 hours I think depending on what depth of tan you want to achieve? I did search posts on MT before I went with them and found a few threads saying that leaving it on longer caused it to go quite dry, so Ive been recommending no longer than 4 hours, but I will try on myself once my current ones faded. It continues to develop for another 10 hours tho, so I guess clients will still have to be careful what they do while its developing fully.

I have 2 booked in tomorrow night so will be giving the solution its first proper outing, wish me luck! xx

Good luck be good to know results [emoji122] x

Hi! thanks for the advice! All the differences between the two are exactly what bothers me! Im a bit annoyed because I just bought a big bottle of Siennas tonight's the night. I'm going to order the MT samples soon! Can't wait to try it out! Glad to hear about the sachets too! And I also agree with the aftercare leaflets! Good luck, I'll let you know how it works for me :) x

Oh good god, I made a right boo boo the first time I used Tonights the Night on myself... dopey here didn't realise it still took the 8-10 hours to develop so once I washed it off and didn't see a difference I sprayed myself again, TWICE! well... by the next day I didn't want to leave the house pmsl!! Stripy dark orange & brown tiger seen wandering Romford....

I'm toying with the idea of the MT conversion course actually. My routine etc is ok but id like to know more about the solutions as I hate being asked questions and not knowing the answers! pop back and let me know what you think of it, Ive done about 7 now and have gotten really good feedback from it. I also had a MT tan done ( I just cant tan myself evenly!) and it came out beautifully. Lasts longer than the 4-5 days I read it lasts. certainly get a week out of it even using the MT Scrub. xxx

Latest posts

Back