Moroccan Tan vs Nouvatan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemimaFox

Reaction score
Wanting to buy a spray tan system later this year and was set on Nouvatan due to all of the great feedback. However I'm hearing the same about Moroccan Tan.....has anyone used both and is able to let me know some pros and cons? And which is better?
I'm not really interested in other brands.
Thanks!

Why not get samples of both and see what you prefer , I'm going to be changing brand soon and that's what I've done , it was between these two brands aswell so I'll let you know how I get on :)

I've just sampled nouvatan and loved it but am going to sample the other aswell x

Ive sampled both and out of the two i prefer moroccan tan.

Nouvatan feels sticky for so long after application even feels wet and clients were taking half an hour before wanting to put clothes on and even then they didnt feel great. Colour was ok, fade off was ok but all in all just an ok tan that took ages to feel dry.

Moroccan tan i was disappointed to start with as it said 2 hour tan, i washed it off after 3 hours and was white!! However when i woke up in morning i was a nice brown, legs were very brown, lasted quite well and fades lovely

For me though i love my la tan gold, you feel dry straight away, great colour, fades nicely, doesnt come off on clothes or bedding and from a price point its amazing value for money....i can have two spray tan clients within half an hour of each other as they are literally tanned, dry and dressed and out the door

Why not get samples of both and see what you prefer , I'm going to be changing brand soon and that's what I've done , it was between these two brands aswell so I'll let you know how I get on :)

How do the samples work, is it a solution you add to your spray gun or something you apply manually? Because I don't have a spray tan machine yet, going to buy it all from the supplier I choose :)

It goes in the spray gun container, assuming you are spray tanning. You usually get 100 ml of each sample, some charge, some don't. Hope this helps a little and good luck.

I love Nouvatan. I must disagree with feeling sticky afterwards and taking ages to dry. This certainly isn't the case with clients I use it on. Most are dry quickly, I detach the hose and dry them with warm air afterwards but it isn't really needed. It gives me to check even coverage tho.

i use nouvatan and id say it drys quickly, gives a lovely natural colour and even smells nice.

i tried a sample of Moroccan tan a few weeks ago and i was disapointed overall. The colour was nice, kind of a deeper bronze, but it smells awful and fades off terribly. My sister has volunteered to try it as well so will see what she thinks to it but shes a regular of mine for nouvatan so not sure she will like it!

best to train and then get samples from different companies and see what you like. X

I use suntana and love it but tried the Moroccan tan sample and I don't like it at all, colour was quite orangey and darker than I expected for a 10% solution and the fade off is terrible.

Latest posts

Back