Most common reason for enhancements breaking?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok geeks, I tried again tonight with the tips you gave me, still struggling but I think I'm not over thinking it? Let me know what you think and any more tips you have!! I can see when taking photos more product on the left hand side, and also the nail doesn't look in proportion because they are so short ready for college next week (if they last) xxx

When you are doing nails, imagine there is an invisible line down the middle of the nail (the whole finger even), get yourself centered, build it that way, file it that way, if you are heavy handed on one side, be aware that you are heavy handed, or move your chair slightly (which ever way) to compensate.

One side of the nail has to "mirror" the other, it's all about "symmetry", imagine folding it in half and both sides matching.

Kinkyboots,
When you learnt Brisa did you get a DVD on how to do Brisa and enhancements ?
When I converted to Brisa, I got a DVD on it.
Maybe grab a coffee and spent the day watching the DVD.

When you are doing nails, imagine there is an invisible line down the middle of the nail (the whole finger even), get yourself centered, build it that way, file it that way, if you are heavy handed on one side, be aware that you are heavy handed, or move your chair slightly (which ever way) to compensate.

One side of the nail has to "mirror" the other, it's all about "symmetry", imagine folding it in half and both sides matching.

Thank you!! :)
I think it's when I'm doing them on myself I must place everything to the left, maybe it's because I'm left handed! :) xxx

Kinkyboots,

YES!!! Forgot about that, have watched the video on cnd.com a million time though... is it different to that? Oh jings... hope I can find it.

Kinkyboots,

Mine doesn't work in my computer? Did yours?

Update, just wondering how everyone else was getting on???

I've just started my Brisa journey and must say tat I'm loving this thread! Thank you ladies xx

na, won't start making up excuses - its my doing... not the product or client as its happening too often :-\

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Well I am in Kelowna British Columbia Canada and I just switched to CND as the product I was using the SEALER was never my friend... I felt the way you did but now I use Brisa and rockin the enhancements. I would love to share a different take on the issue. I never (rarely use a brush) I find it rather uncomfortable.

I use a stylist dotting tool. I was taught this in my training in Regina Canada. Maybe try this. I find that I can follow the smile line better also use the small ball to go around my cuticle and side wall area to ensure its not touching the skin and gain a much better perspective from it.

I really urge this try it and message me or let us know how you find it!

I am really new and maybe not the best one to advise but I am all about using your head to flip it upside down and look at life from a different perspective perhaps ?

Traci

Attachments

• Dotting Tool Essence 2.jpg
    Dotting Tool Essence 2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Thanks for that, ill give it a go!

Hey geeks.

I used the search button and came across this thread.

I trained in Bio Sculpture 2 and a half years ago, but swiftly switched to gel polish when it was launched 6 months later.

So many people have been asking for extensions again, so I decided to give it a go. As I haven't done them in so long, I contacted 7 of my bestest clients to let me practise on as I knew they would look after them correctly while I was waiting to see if they lasted.

Everything went well for the first week and a half, and now I've had a few of them contact me to say that one nail has broken :-(

One of them was changing the bed and caught her thumb nail, another works in a care home and caught her index finger when lifting a patient, another told me she noticed her index and middle finger had broken off right across the line when the extension tip was applied, and another has texted me tonight to say that her index finger has cracked and came off along the line of where the extension tip was applied :-(

I'm so disheartened geeks, I really thought I was getting on well, and was going to start advertising them next week. I know that a couple of them was down to working, but 2 of them definitely are down to my application method. What I can't figure out though is why it's just one (and on one occasion, two) nails? Here's my method;

Prep
Apply sculpting gel to natural nail, cure
Size and apply tips (I use tips with a well and double bond the glue)
Shape and blend tips
Apply a layer of S gel, cure
Apply another layer of S gel, this time slightly thicker and build the apex, cure
Wipe off inhibition layer, and use buffer to refine any bumps, and file along the sidewall if necessary
Apply gelicure (for the colour, Bio Sculpture told me this would work and wouldn't affect the system).

Can anybody shed some light on why its happening after a week and a couple of days, and why it's just happening to one or two nails? Thanks for taking the time to read this xx

Hey geeks.

I trained in Bio Sculpture 2 and a half years ago, but swiftly switched to gel polish when it was launched 6 months later.

So many people have been asking for extensions again, so I decided to give it a go. As I haven't done them in so long, I contacted 7 of my bestest clients to let me practise on as I knew they would look after them correctly while I was waiting to see if they lasted.

Everything went well for the first week and a half, and now I've had a few of them contact me to say that one nail has broken :-(

One of them was changing the bed and caught her thumb nail, another works in a care home and caught her index finger when lifting a patient, another told me she noticed her index and middle finger had broken off right across the line when the extension tip was applied, and another has texted me tonight to say that her index finger has cracked and came off along the line of where the extension tip was applied :-(

I'm so disheartened geeks, I really thought I was getting on well, and was going to start advertising them next week. I know that a couple of them was down to working, but 2 of them definitely are down to my application method. What I can't figure out though is why it's just one (and on one occasion, two) nails? Here's my method;

Prep
Shape and blend tips
Apply another layer of S gel, this time slightly thicker and build the apex, cure
Wipe off inhibition layer, and use buffer to refine any bumps, and file along the sidewall if necessary
Apply gelicure (for the colour, Bio Sculpture told me this would work and wouldn't affect the system).

Can anybody shed some light on why its happening after a week and a couple of days, and why it's just happening to one or two nails? Thanks for taking the time to read this xx

Two possible things spring to mind -
Are you buiding your apex up enough? This is where you want most product, along the stress area.

Also are the nails perhaps too long for their lifestyle/jobs?

Two possible things spring to mind -
Are you buiding your apex up enough? This is where you want most product, along the stress area.

Also are the nails perhaps too long for their lifestyle/jobs?

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I think it must be my apex. I'll have to apply more gel and build it higher. Xx

Hey geeks.

Prep
Shape and blend tips

is this brisa or brisa lite?
did you use brisa bond for brisa or brisa base coat for the brisa lite version? Also, I was taught to prep then apply the tips before any gel?

sorry, just re-read and it bio sculpture - sorry, dont listen to me.

Last edited:
is this brisa or brisa lite?
did you use brisa bond for brisa or brisa base coat for the brisa lite version? Also, I was taught to prep then apply the tips before any gel?

sorry, just re-read and it bio sculpture - sorry, dont listen to me.

Lol you're ok. Yes, that's the way I was trained with Bio Sculpture too, but when I contacted them recently, they told me to apply the gel first as it minimises damage to the natural nail? Xx

Latest posts

Back