Mother inlaw ..AGAIN!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
Hi im sure some of you may know that i have serious
problems with my mother in law .. thread :- What to do about mother inlaw.

She came round about 3 months ago now and told us that her and seans sister were buying a pub together, which we already knew as we had found out on the grapevine, this in itself was upsetting enough for my husband knowing he was told as an afterthought. Any way she hasnt seen us since then, then last weekend I was driving back home and we see her walking up to the pub she was staring at the car which was what made us notice her, sean put his hand up and she just blanked him :( it upset him, i could tell.Hes now vowed she will not have anything more to do with our kids.

To cut along story short my sister is marrying my hubbies cousin they are having a small cival ceremony then a big reception in the evening. We went out for her hen night sat night and sean bumped into his sister, she started crying saying she missed us ,that mum had lost interest in buying the pub, had dropped her like a ton of bricks etc... this is coming from the girl who hasnt bothered with either of us all the time she was happily getting free babysitting services and money given to her left right and centre. I am prepared to over look this and move on with her, but his mother makes my flesh crawl.
I just know that she is gonna be at this wedding reception all over my kids, and i dont want her near them.
Sat night when I got home from the hen night I came on the computer, angry upset, annoyed in hope of being able to tell her not to even bother acknowedging were there at the reception, but wether it was fates hand dealing my cards that night, she was not online.
Im concerned if something isnt said before the wedding that trouble will brew, every wedding i have been to and shes been there she caused trouble. What should i do?

Hi

This is a really awkward situation for you. I can totally understand where you are coming from though.

But I think that on the day of the wedding you are best to just grit your teeth and say nothing. You dont want there to be any arguments erupting on the wedding day. Your kids will be off playing with other kids so wont really be having much to do with their grandmother. You can sit away from her and if she does try to make an argument just quietly and firmly say to her not here, not now it is not the time or the place but you will be addressing her behaviour at a more appropriate time. Then walk away with head held high before she has a chance to answer.

That way if she does try to cause any trouble people will know that she is the trouble maker and that you have done all you can to avoid any unpleasantness and of course you dont want your sister's wedding day spoilt.

You could also go and see her before the wedding and have words but I think that may just add fuel to the fire, and give her more ammunition.

Take care and try to enjoy the wedding.

Love

Debbie xxx

Latest posts

Back