Mouthsore and tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickcafc

Reaction score
Hi all, just a bit of barrier cream on it? Cheers, Mick.

Pretty please?

Good question Mick. If it was a cold sore I wouldn't want to touch it for fear of spreading the virus (highly contagious). If it was crusted over I wouldn't worry about it but not sure what I'd do if it was weeping. I'm surprised (and glad) I haven't come across it yet lol! Sorry I'm not much help, hopefully someone will come along with some good advise :)

I'm unsure of the question? I don't understand? Do you mean spray tanning? If so then why can't you spray over it? Pop a wee but of barrier cream over to stop it from becoming infected but you can't cross infect as the tan comes out of the gun and onto the skin? It doesn't go back into the gun and you don't directly touch the client..

Sorry I was in a hurry when posting the question. I had a request to spray tan a client who has a cold sore and didnt know what to do. So I bluffed it and luckily it was almost gone, so I sprayed as per norm. However, whats the correct proceedure for cold sores? Presumable if they are 'running' its a no no. Does barrier cream irritate them maybe? Any info greatly appreciated. Cheers, Mick.

I'm not sure, I don't think any massive procedure needs to be taken regarding cold sores and sray tans as already discussed you nor the tanning items itself actually comes into contact with the client. I guess if it was a rub on tan or anything where contact would need to be used around the area then thoroughly washing hands with a hospital grade gel, then using gloves, then gel again would be absolutely fine. :)

Hi, I was thinking more from a clients point of veiw. I wonder if the spray/ barrier cream could aggravate a cold sore and leave a bad impression, and thats not what any of us want. Thanks though, Mick.

Maybe put a bit of Vaseline on the cold sore, with a cotton bud? You're not touching it so there's no cross infection - obviously throw the cotton bud out straight away. Vaseline provides more of a barrier than barrier cream so that could help to stop the tan going onto it. Also, I've heard Vaseline is good to help a cold sore heal so you've got another bonus! :)

Good thinking. If the situation arises again, and not weeping, thats the road i'll take. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back