Moving to a new location, when should I start advertising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hi sounds like a silly question

Could I please ask your opinion on two things?

1)I am due to move in around 7 weeks away from this area to West Yorkshire - not sure when to start advertising in new area?
2)York is a 40 minute drive from my new home, I do quite well in York in terms of pamper parties, do you think I should still offer them if I don't live here?

I have a job currently which is non beauty related, and this income will go obviously when I move.

So I am trying to think ahead and plan to start advertising before I get to my new home. Now we will have a mortgage to pay and won't be tenants anymore lol! Have to make sure there is enough money coming in.

This way I can have an income (hopefully) waiting for me if I have bookings, so no need to close down and re-start if I have already started the ball rolling kind of thing.

Not sure whether to put something on my website, not sure if this will deter new clients and also will it confuse people.

My heads filled with little things that I need to sort out so this is just one of them to add to my list.

Your input would be appreciated!

Thank you xx:Kissing:

If you're prepared to travel then i would still offer your pamper parties in york too.
Depended on where about your moving in west yorkshire, i'm in leeds and the amount of salons and mobile beauty therapists is mad, it's hard to get clients.

personally I would carry on doing the treatments in york, especially if you can do a few people on the same day - will make it worth your while regarding petrol and time.
And also I would wait until you have actually moved and unpacked before you start advertising, that way you'll be free to answer calls and know where your stuff is!

best of luck with the move - and try to be positive about getting a new client base, it will feel like you're starting from scratch! xx

Thanks

I've started businesses in 5 locations, due to moving, it never takes me long to get a client base in.

Plus I can start my reflexology course I've wanted to do for so long, so extra revenue there.

I'm going to be 10 miles south of Leeds nearer HUddersfield so can cover all regions.

xxxx

get your bearings and settle in.

still offer pamper parties in both areas.

change your website to state that you do both areas.

Thanks Hippy chick xxx

have yuo got a website hun ? if so get putting in the areas you want to cover in your keywords and it might start bring some stuff up, hope that makes sense :lol:

Yes great idea hun, thought of you as I drove through Otley the other day lol! !xxx

Thanks

I've started businesses in 5 locations, due to moving, it never takes me long to get a client base in.

Plus I can start my reflexology course I've wanted to do for so long, so extra revenue there.

I'm going to be 10 miles south of Leeds nearer HUddersfield so can cover all regions.

xxxx

crikey! I'll have some of what you're on please lol!

I did not know that you were so experienced in setting up in different areas, so sorry if you thought I was teaching you how to suck eggs!

Best of luck x

Don't be daft lovey, your not teaching me to suck eggs that's why I am asking for help. Funny thing is every area is different. There's not as much money up here as where I was located in the South (unfortunately for me).

I've been round dozens of estates posting fliers, it is so boring but will have to get some done and do that.

Web works best for me to be honest.

I appreciate all your help and have now updated the old website saying I will be moving, just hope people don't get confused!!

xx

Hello u! I'd definitely keep up the York parties, at least then you've got the money coming in to tide you over. You can always phase them out when you get busy in your new place.

I'd probably do a leaflet drop around the more affluent looking areas near to where you're going to be too. I'd probably spend a few Sunday afternoons(when people are in and will read your flyer!) doing a few nice estates, maybe with a special introductory offer, and then wait for phone to ring!

I'm sure you'll be in great demand, best of luck with it all! x

Thanks Stampy!

Have PMd you xxx

Yes great idea hun, thought of you as I drove through Otley the other day lol! !xxx

well you should have called in for a cuppa , i bet you drove right past my house too :lol:

I wondered which house was yours lol!!

I was on my way to Ilkley to a huge house, made me feel v. poor lol!

lol mine is near the roundabout , it has a red peugeot on the drive :lol:
ooh ilkelys full of big houses :lol:

Latest posts

Back