Moyou stamping plates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesatin

Reaction score
I am having real trouble with the stamping plates. I just cant get them to stamp. I am using vinylux polish so not sure whether this is the problem. Can anyone help please x

Watch Sarah R videos on you tube:hug:

Sarah Richardson aka TheRealMrsGrey is a real pro with stamping. Every Friday she has stamping Fun Friday video on youtube. She makes it look SO easy, which of course its not. What are you using to clean your plate/stamper? Have you primed your stamper? Which plates/stamper do you have? :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've not tried viynlux to stamp but it's very fast drying, could be part of the trouble you are having.

The key with stamping is speed! Getting the image from the plate onto the stamper as quick as poss!

Maybe try a moyou polish for stamping or the Barry M silver and gold are what I started with.

Use pure acetone to clean your plates.

Like the others can't recommend the real mrs greys you tube channel enough!! It's fab! (Codwidow77 is her screen name)

She's on here too so I'm sure she can add some extra info into the mix!

Quick question - I use Cnd shellac only and at the moment I only have the konad special polishes to stamp with. Can anyone tell me what's the best way to correct any mistakes? Is it best to top the colour coats with clearly pink or top coat first before stamping so that I can rub any mistakes off with acetone? Will it make the shellac weak if I do it a couple of times?

I normally do a full shellac service, leave the tacky layer on the top coat, then do my stamping, if I make any mistakes I just use non-acetone remover to correct mistakes/start again if it goes wrong.

Doesn't seam to affect the shellac.

X

I am having real trouble with the stamping plates. I just cant get them to stamp. I am using vinylux polish so not sure whether this is the problem. Can anyone help please x

I'm using my Moyou stamper alongside Vinylux without any problems at all. I have a mixture of Moyou and other plates, but that hasn't made any difference.

You do need to work fairly quickly though. If you have the squishy stamper, make sure you press down firmly to lift the image, then roll it across the nail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
I'm using my Moyou stamper alongside Vinylux without any problems at all. I have a mixture of Moyou and other plates, but that hasn't made any difference.

You do need to work fairly quickly though. If you have the squishy stamper, make sure you press down firmly to lift the image, then roll it across the nail.

Hey are you saying you using Vinylux Polish for stamping? I've never tried with vinylux but will give it a go 😄

Hey are you saying you using Vinylux Polish for stamping? I've never tried with vinylux but will give it a go 😄

Yes, I use Vinylux for stamping as well as polishing.

Thank you all for your replies. My therapist and I have tried all afternoon and still can't do it! It's so frustrating. We've even watched the Sarah R vids on you tube. The rubber stamp is just not picking up any of the polish off the plate? This will not beat me lol x

Thank you all for your replies. My therapist and I have tried all afternoon and still can't do it! It's so frustrating. We've even watched the Sarah R vids on you tube. The rubber stamp is just not picking up any of the polish off the plate? This will not beat me lol x

Have you primed your stamper? Just give it a light buff over

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have buffed it a few times x

I've not buffed my Moyou squishy stamper at all, and have never had any problems.

Have you tried with any other polishes? Assumimg you have removed the blue film?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you cleaning plate and stamper with acetone or nourishing remover? I made the mistake of using NR once and It wouldn't stamp properly.

Yes I've removed blue film and used acetone to clean, doing it super fast too as advised....nothing at all is being transferred on to the stamp :( arrgghhh

Are you applying the polish too thinly to the stamping plate before scraping? You are scraping the image before attempting to transfer it to the stamp aren't you?

I'm not applying too thin and yes I'm scraping the image...what on earth am I doing wrong? Have taken a peek at you tube vids as well..:confused:

Following x

I've really struggled with stamping. I seem to find that it works fab on pops and then is a total nightmare on live clients! Have no idea what I'm doing differently.

No help to the OP but would be grateful for any other ideas x

Is it pure acetone you're using? I started off using Nourishing remover which has added oils so didn't work! I now also use a sticky roller to remove the polish from my squishy stamper rather than wiping with acetone ever. Both of these things made a huge difference to my stamping. Whivh polishes have you tried?

Latest posts

Back