MP3 player help please . . . for daughter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Hi there!

My 8 yr old was given a Technika (Tesco own make £4.99) MP3 player for her birthday by her friend. Does anyone know if we can download music from one of her CD's for her onto it? There's no instruction book; there's a website but I've been on it and I can't make head nor tail of it really being a bit of a technophobe. I know we can download music from various sites but hubby (being of a nervous disposition and having friends who have had money disappearing from their accounts after buying off the internet!) says we're not putting any bank or card details on here :grr: so can't download music for her that way atm.

Is there a way of getting music from a CD onto the PC and then back into her MP3 player? Poor little thing's had it a week and it's only got one piece of music (think it's something classical) that it came with!

Thank you so much! I (and she) will be really grateful for any replies.

Sorry Lellipop, but I think LimeWire is even worse for someone who is worried about internet security. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a file sharing site, meaning others can have access to your pc?

When you put a CD into your computer it should automatically load for you and prompt you with a screen, something along the lines of basically "which programme do you want to open the CD with" generally its windows media player as the first choice

There should be a copy to bit... select it and specify which folder you want to save it too.

You can now play the CD on the PC without the CD.

Next plug in your MP3 - find the files which you have saved from CD to PC and either drag over to your window/browser for your MP3 or copy and paste into which ever you are more comfortable with.

Hope this helps..... and makes sense!! :confused: x

Sorry Lellipop, but I think LimeWire is even worse for someone who is worried about internet security. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a file sharing site, meaning others can have access to your pc?

Apparently so! I used it for a while & never managed to even download 1 song off there, it was so slow!

I use UTorrent now & havent had any problems!

Hi there!

My 8 yr old was given a Technika (Tesco own make £4.99) MP3 player for her birthday by her friend. Does anyone know if we can download music from one of her CD's for her onto it? There's no instruction book; there's a website but I've been on it and I can't make head nor tail of it really being a bit of a technophobe. I know we can download music from various sites but hubby (being of a nervous disposition and having friends who have had money disappearing from their accounts after buying off the internet!) says we're not putting any bank or card details on here :grr: so can't download music for her that way atm.

Is there a way of getting music from a CD onto the PC and then back into her MP3 player? Poor little thing's had it a week and it's only got one piece of music (think it's something classical) that it came with!

Thank you so much! I (and she) will be really grateful for any replies.

To down load CD's onto your MP3 you need them on a PC first.

I have a generic MP3 player and just plug it into my PC on the port, put the CD into the Drive and RIP (copy) the CD wanted through Windows Media Player and then Copy it to my MP3 - mine had no instructions either and this has worked fine.

HTH

I know we can download music from various sites but hubby (being of a nervous disposition and having friends who have had money disappearing from their accounts after buying off the internet!) says we're not putting any bank or card details on here :grr: so can't download music for her that way atm.

If there's an Apple shop near you, you can buy Music Card vouchers there that you can use to pay for your music off itunes. They are £15 and £25. Hope that puts DH's mind at rest!:)
Apple Store - U.K.

my 5 yr old got technika mps player for her birthday and if its the same one, its almost like a pen drive, you plug it into usb port on pc and it opens UP (obviously it will be blank at first) then you can drag whatever you want onto it, so do as previously suggested and copy your cds onto pc then drag the files onto the mp3 file, bingo its done

HTHs

Latest posts

Back