MUA's-your go to bridal foundation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to try the RCMA but I'm a bit scared of it as I've never used a creme foundation. I know there are dozens of Youtube tutorials on how to use it but it's a total unknown to me.

If find myself using Face Atelier Ultra Foundation more or less every time. I can't find fault with it. I do carry Makeup Forever Face and Body and MAC Face and Body too, and I plan to buy Nars Sheer Glow and MAC Studio Sculpt in a few shades soon.

Thank you ladies. I have mac face & body too, I like that. I'm just looking to try and expand on brands now. I like the look of NARS foundations but haven't tried any of them yet. I fancy getting the RCMA one after seeing your comments.

Is there any good websites or ways to get samples of different brands?

I would like to try the RCMA but I'm a bit scared of it as I've never used a creme foundation. I know there are dozens of Youtube tutorials on how to use it but it's a total unknown to me.

If find myself using Face Atelier Ultra Foundation more or less every time. I can't find fault with it. I do carry Makeup Forever Face and Body and MAC Face and Body too, and I plan to buy Nars Sheer Glow and MAC Studio Sculpt in a few shades soon.

Once you get it you won't look back! The palettes aren't too expensIve on love-makeup.co.uk and even if you don't like using as a foundation, you could use as concealor and contour palette... I promise I don't work for RCMA!!!!

Have you tried Nars sheer glow on yourself? I bought a sample and was really dissapointed with the wear on my skin. Obviously each to their own but I was going to invest in some and I'm glad that I didn't... i had high hopes!! Dashed!!!

:DNo I haven't tried the Nars yet, and I have very oily skin so I am worried that it won't last on me either - but would it be good for mature skins maybe??
I've literally just got my Nars discount so I am dying to get going on the shopping!! :D:D:D:):D

OMG I don't know how my reply got littered with smileys, sorry!!!
I might get the RCMA pallette then - as you say, I can use it for concealing if nothing else. Is it good for eye bags??? I am in need of an amazing eye bag concealer as my next purchase.

I just received the RCMA pallet a couple weeks back and have had a play about with it on myself. I was also a bit nervous about using it but it really was not too tricky to use. Going to practice a couple more times before I use it on brides, but the finish is really lovely, like a second (flawless) skin, and it layers up so well so you can add more depending on the coverage you want. I'm sure that RCMA give samples also so you can try before you buy but I think you'll like it. I also bought the RCMA no colour powder, it is AMAZING! It is a white loose finishing powder. So mattifying but not cakey. I use it on top of foundation but below bronzer/blusher but can be re-applied during the day on top of all your face make up to mattify again but it will not make you look like a total ghost, it just blends so well into the make up it gets applied to. When I used this with the RCMA foundations, the finish was gorgeous and will photograph amazingly. I'm obsessed with the powder, can you tell haha x

I've got the powder! I use that one and the Ben Nye Banana powder. Maybe I will get the pallette next month and try it. I've just done a mega Nars order with my discount but I only ordered one bottle of the Sheer Glow foundation in my colour (I used Temptalia to match it to my normal Estee Lauder shade) so I will try it on myself first. I've ordered a few shades of the creamy concealer as it seems to get great reviews, plus a primer, an illuminator, a few lipsticks, the 'Laguna' bronzer, Orgasm blush, highlighter powder and a nude ish lip pencil. I can't wait to get it all!

Do any of you ladies use Mac studio fix I'm reading mixed reviews on whether it's suitable for brides or not ?

The MUA who did my wedding used Studio Fix on me and I liked it but I don't use it myself. Studio Sculpt is better IMO and photographs beautifully.

Do any of you ladies use Mac studio fix I'm reading mixed reviews on whether it's suitable for brides or not ?

I use studio fix occasionally with rcma no colour powder to set & photographs lovely x

Thankyou ladies I might go for it then I'm starting up my kit and finding it very difficult to pick which Mac foundations to invest in... I'm planning on getting the Rcma powder but out of stock at the moment :-( xxx

Thankyou ladies I might go for it then I'm starting up my kit and finding it very difficult to pick which Mac foundations to invest in... I'm planning on getting the Rcma powder but out of stock at the moment :-( xxx

I bought my RCMA powder from Beautylish.com, they had it in stock there. It's an American company so took a bit longer for shipping but I was desperate haha x

Oh tempting lol might have a look at that site Thankyou ... Is studio sculpt as long lasting as studio fix?

Ladies, did you pay tax charges etc for your beautylish orders? If so how much did it cost?

Also what palette did you for for first?#10 - KO SERIES or #11 - SHINTO SERIES

Armani/Chanel gal here and I do alot of weddings ;)

Ladies, did you pay tax charges etc for your beautylish orders? If so how much did it cost?

I've pm'ed you prices of what I paid for mine x

I went for Shinto first x

I like Bobbi Brown Skin and Mac Prolongwear! Both quite build able but the Mac is a little thicker. Me and my wife both wore Bobbi Brown on our wedding day and it lasted lovely and photographed well. I'm building my different shades in those 2 foundations, and I've also got a few shades of Revlon colourstay. It's actually a very nice foundation and does great pale shades! :)

Latest posts

Back